Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would be my first diesel truck so i dont know much about them....yet haha. I wanted to know if yall think it would be worth it. its a 1996 2500 auto extended cab long bed 4x4. it has 174,000 on the odometer. its original owner since 96 and everythings original. ac works good and new interior. the guys asking 7000 for her but i know i can talk him down. im going to be doing alot of driving with it (not towing). do yall think it will be a wise purchase?? thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
the engines run for ever you won't have any problems with the engine. Check trans oil make sure its not burnt. I think that it is worth it. I also bought a 94 with 300000 for 4500, but figured that I didn't need another one. If you can go lower go lower.

·
Fill Diesel Only
1,031 Posts
the body looks from these pics, so I would say you can't go to far wrong. To me the body has to be good, as I can do any of the other mech. stuff it may need. I know you don't get much of a truck around here for 7grand. The front bumber skirt still lines up with the rest of the truck. Looks like a deal to me. Good luck on your decision.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
Sounds like a good deal to me, there are 600 worth of boxes in the bed, Check for blowby, and any unusual noises. Take it for an hours drive over some of the roads that you will be driving on. Smell the transmission fluid. But for the price I think you can not go wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.