Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
I have the same wheels on my 2019 Limited and they look great with all the chrome details on the truck.
Okay, so it looks good, but you're not contributing to the economy.
People that make and sell wheels need to eat, too. As do the wheel bearing manufacturers and parts stores.
And unless you start running into things, your local body shop will have no reason to repaint the sides. And so on.

It's really quite selfish of you to leave your pickup stock.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
🤣🤣 yep, silly you. We're judge-free here though, so you're in good company.

Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I also think your truck looks nice stock. I like your truck color.

I have the same wheels on my 2019 Limited and they look great with all the chrome details on the truck.
Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thanks Sgt! I'm ok with it too, but my wife thinks they look hideous so I'm looking for compromise. Slight dished look with minimal offset

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
Change them only on the right side?
Half the cost, half the extra maintenance, and a happy wife.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The tinted machined, even the gold bolts on the Method NVs (I have them) accent the granite crystal color really well IMO.

Reactions: DogramTD

·
Registered
229 Posts
Okay, so it looks good, but you're not contributing to the economy.
People that make and sell wheels need to eat, too. As do the wheel bearing manufacturers and parts stores.
And unless you start running into things, your local body shop will have no reason to repaint the sides. And so on.

It's really quite selfish of you to leave your pickup stock.
I have to agree with you, Jimmy. I am not contributing to the economy with my opinion.

Ok so if I had to choose a new wheel for my truck, I would choose the following wheel:

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
That'd look good. As a spare.

Reactions: SGT-RAM

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Reactions: Jimmy N.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I have to agree with you, Jimmy. I am not contributing to the economy with my opinion.

Ok so if I had to choose a new wheel for my truck, I would choose the following wheel:

Thanks Sgt...BTW, I haven't said that in years

Reactions: SGT-RAM

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
Hey, with that setup you wouldn't need overload springs or anything along those lines. Sag proof.
But I would add a caster wheel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have never tried to install XD series wheels on my rig so I did consult Google for more information and reviews. A lot of people say that the price is definitely worth its quality. The brand is well-known for its stylish rims that are not just perfect for off-road adventure but so as for daily use. The first photo stood out for me because I like two-tone colored wheels.

2,694 Posts
IMO, the factory 20x8 wheels look lame because they are only 8 inches wide with no lip, plus huge positive offset tucking them way under the truck.
Plus the lame narrow and mild OEM tires.
They look tall and narrow like the trucks with the railway adapted wheels on them.

While black wheels are great because you rarely have to clean them, they end up looking plain even with aggressive fitment and aggressive tires.
Of course wider wheels with less positive offset and larger tires will be detrimental to your suspension, bearings, steering, etc. That's the trade-off.

I like the 2 tone gray wheels, option1. They are not so boring black.

I have KMC XD wheels on my truck for several years. No issues. I would say that KMC are ok quality Chinese wheels, but still Chinese wheels. I do hate all the fake bolts on them.
I recommend to buy a extra matching wheel. I always buy an extra one when going with aftermarket wheels. In case you ever damage one and find out the wheels are discontinued.
Wheel styles get discontinued all the time due to the rapidly changing trends and styles.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
21 - 40 of 73 Posts