Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Just talked to my service tech at dealer. He said the cummins guy's were there last week and said they were working on a way for us to put truck into regen when we want or need to. Probably another flash when it comes out, but that will be a hell of a lot better than the guessing game. I actually called them about the ax flash. ( I think that's the latest one, right?) Does that do anything for mpg's? I just don't want to get it if the fuel milage is going to go backwards.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Most people have had good reviews of the AX flash. Not sure it ups the MPG but it doesnt hurt it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
They should do away with regen completely who wants to willingly go into regen!

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
They should do away with regen completely who wants to willingly go into regen!
Your right, nobody want's to willing regen, but the fact is, as long as I want to have waranty, I'm going to have regens. So might be nice to have a little more control of it. Only 4 more yrs. and 10 months away from my dpf delete.:lol3:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Well your certainly right if your keeping yours stock, I just ordered my intake, exhaust and edge, with the cost of fuel rising so much its easy to justify now just my .02!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just visited with a Cummins representative at our local dealer and asked about this very thing, his comment "That will never happen".

Time will tell.........:w:

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I can't see how regular regens can be avoided. You may waste more fuel doing it at choice then letting the computer do it.

Improve the combustion and reduce the regens is the answer I think. Less soot for the Tree Huggers to whine about.
I know they started leaning them out in 03, and I have to say I had less smoke in my 04 from my 01. With all this crap on there, you don't know because my tailpipe has more road dirt in it than anything else.

With all this electronic crap you would think there would be a better solution.

Our Tree Huggers should be boxed up and sent to Europe to see how it's really done.

·
Size Matters
643 Posts
Yeah i couldnt see this ever happening due to the fact that that would be an open invite to get rid of the dpf. I am all for it but doubt it will happen.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
It would be nice to be able to start a regen at the beginning of a highway trip when needed rather than the thing going into regen at the end of the trip and then trying constantly to complete the cycle while I'm driving around town running errands.

I'm with the group that doesn't see a user initiated regen cycle happening, or at least not from Dodge / Cummins, will keep my fingers crossed though.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I would like to see "push button regen" in the new trucks.

The factory regen operation stays the same, but if you are going to be idling for extended periods of time, you could push button regen instead of having to drive down the highway for awhile.

Merrick

·
Registered
146 Posts
i know some of the new cheesewagons have a user controlled regen.

·
Registered
365 Posts
you could run it like gm, but then you jus tend up gettin regen when your pulling a grade, and trying to keep the temps somewhat down,i think the button would be a good idea because if theres a way to activate it then theres a way to deactivate it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
I may have worded the title a little wrong on this thread. The way I understood it your truck will still do it's thing, but you will have the option to throw it into regen also. Kind of like the dealer going into the ecm a putting it into regen.

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
I may have worded the title a little wrong on this thread. The way I understood it your truck will still do it's thing, but you will have the option to throw it into regen also. Kind of like the dealer going into the ecm a putting it into regen.
I think it just drifted a bit. But some good opinions came from it all.

The one thing that makes sense is killing the regens on the hills when you are hauling. I've seen 1400 degrees there. Of coarse, I kicked it out of OD.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts