Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok... The truck died in traffic 2 days ago. My stock lift pump is pushing 11 at idle and 4 at wot. Low, I know, I just got this truck and I'm still workin the bugs out lol.

Now the weird part. I have a 1693 code in the odometer, but no codes when I scan the truck. (01 qcsb all stock except for ATS trans) also, when I do the key trick, I only get the 1693 and a p done, then back to odometer. I know people say its not possible for either of those to happen, but it is.

I just replaced the fuel inlet bolt on the IP cus the schraeder valve was leaking and I thought it was losing prime. I also kicked the lift pump with the fuel filter lid loose (changed the fuel filter and o-ring on the lid while I was in there) to make sure I was getting fuel from the tank. Then I cracked injectors 1 3 and 4 to bleed the air as I cranked it and it fired back up like normal. I then went and scanned it, no codes, tried to crank it and nothing yet again... Just spins over.

What am I missing guys?!? It was runnin fine til it just quit. Sorry it's long winded, I just want u guys to know as much as possible. Like I said, I know there's guys on here gonna get mad cus the truck is doing 2 things supposedly impossible, but it's really happening... Thanks as usual

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
what kind of scanner are you using? The cheaper the scanner the more codes they seem to not pick up, the cheap ones off ebay and the autozone and oreillys free scans they do are pretty bad about it, try a couple of different scanners, even trying the dodge house and letting them use a factory scanner. And be sure to read this thread, Mopar1973man knows alot and has alot of info on here and on his own site.
http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/98-5-02-powertrain/139687-p1693-codes-solo.html

-Jordan-

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I've read that 1693 sticky like crazy. I'll try a different scanner, I got the rental from Oreillys. I'm stuck away from home for a while and don't have my personal. Like I said, I just don't see what I'm missing. I get fuel when I kick the pump, out of the filter bowl, the IP banjo inlet and the injectors. It's gonna get old if I have to crack injector lines every time to start it lol. I just don't trust the truck to stay running if I need to get somewhere.

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
So it just keeps losing prime and you have to keep cracking the injectors to get the air out and get it to start?

-Jordan-

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far yes... Havent messed with it again today. I guess the next step is seeing if there's fuel still coming out the IP banjo when I kick the pump... At this point I'm guessing it's either a fuel volume idsue, or the lift pump us going out and just randomly quitting... Sound logical?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, I'm gettin frustrated now... Lol
I didn't mess with the truck anymore yesterday evening cus the weather sucks. I cracked the injectors and got it to crank again this mornin, let it idle and warm up. I then let it sit while I ran errands and now it won't crank again, just like yesterday. What am I missing? How can it run, sit, and then all the fuel drain out?

Lift pump shot? Any guesses? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts