Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I will be stacking my banks ottomind with an xzt+ and I just wanted to know what you guys though about the xzt+ and how much better MPG you got with it. Also with everything I have in my sig and the xzt+ what am I looking at HP wise?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
any thoughts?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is nobody using the xzt+?

·
Mule Barn Proprietor
10,673 Posts
The XZT+ gave me 53 hp on the dyno.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ive been told its about 2/3 the total of both chips hp claims

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Looks like I will be stacking my banks ottomind with an xzt+ and I just wanted to know what you guys though about the xzt+ and how much better MPG you got with it. Also with everything I have in my sig and the xzt+ what am I looking at HP wise?
My Banks/XZT+ stack is sick you should like yours. I use the "old" aggressive tune when I drag but it has a bad timing bump when [email protected] 40 mph but no other tune comes close when you race. All the others are tame even the newer "comp" tune that I have just uploaded which is supposed to be the baddest tune of them all. Not even close, they got rid of the timing buck mostly, but does'nt come close to the old aggressive tune.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how do you go about changing the tunes and how do you know which tune is an aggressive tune or which one is an MPG tune or what? The guy that i bought it from said he had his friend download a 3000 tune because he works for quad but i wasn't sure

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hope this helps explain the tunes some.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea thats helps thanks. What does each tune do performance wise though? or is the aggressive on just the agressive tune and then each of the "Sub-tunes" have all the cold start protection and different options. Which one would be a good tune since I don't need cold start protectino because I live in Florida but I want good power and good MPG gains. Also the xzt+ comes with a switch but what does that switch change?

Thanks again

·
Registered
119 Posts
2000 tunes are more aggressive than 1000 tunes. Some of the beta tunes are more aggressive than others. From what I've read the 3000 tune is the most aggressive. They have never described the differences very well. The switch has three positions, off, fuel economy(timing mode), HP mode (timing & fuel). HP is where you load the different tunes. Only one tune at a time. The fuel economy tune is always the same and is the same as the mileage max.

·
Vendor
8,630 Posts
I'm not up on the ottominds features, but doesn't it pull fuel when certain temps are reached as a safety? might make the XZT of no use. Please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure but I have noticed a difference with the xzt+ on there and I actually get a small bit of smoke now

·
Vendor
8,630 Posts
If the Ottomind does control fuel by way of EGT the xzt may fuel harder down low before the ottomind cuts out.

You may try unplugging the ottomind and see if it fuels harder. Or call banks.. thats probably the easiest place to get reliable data

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So you think that I might get more power and fuel with just the xzt+?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I took the ottomind off and ran it on just the xzt+ and it wasn't as good. I had about the same amount of smoke, it didn't have anything down low and it died sooner up top.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I took the ottomind off and ran it on just the xzt+ and it wasn't as good. I had about the same amount of smoke, it didn't have anything down low and it died sooner up top.
Are you running it just on timing or are you on timing and fuel. When I am only on timing I can barely tell the difference with it on or off except for the constant bucking lets me know it is on. But, when it is on fuel and timing it's pretty good. Now, when I have my banks big hoss 160hp fuel box tapped to the pump and put the XZT+ on timing and fuel on the "old" aggressive mode... look out because the low end grunt comes on violently and it pulls hard all the way through

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yea i didn't noticed a huge difference when it is on timing only. I am looking into getting something other than the ottmind but just can't afford it right now and I think my VP is headed out the door

1 - 19 of 19 Posts