Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready once all my parts get in. (VP44 cover) I've already got the XZT+ on of course. But my question is what should plug into the MAP sensor first? The Xilliraider or XZT+?

Anyone ran this stack before? I know they're good for 120 and 65hp each. I'd imagine they might net 150hp total?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Andrew I'd plug the Xziaraider in first.

·
It's got 12 Valves...
4,472 Posts
I ran this stack on my 01.5 before and it was ok. If you really want to feel the power then go with a SMARTY or Edge EZ for the low end power IMO :thumbsup. But if you got it and want to give it a shot...then go for it :peelout

·
Registered
314 Posts
I ran this stack on my 01.5 before and it was ok. If you really want to feel the power then go with a SMARTY or Edge EZ for the low end power IMO :thumbsup. But if you got it and want to give it a shot...then go for it :peelout
You only tried the original XZT+ tunes. I'm willing to bet the new XZT+ stuff makes just as much power and has almost all the low end a smarty does.

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No way I'm going to attempt to program the computer ever again on this truck. Granted the superchips is a poor example of a programmer. But there's just something not right with it.

Did you ever run the 3000 tune? It's awesome for the bottom end. I'm thinking the xilliraider will help with the top end fueling.

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You only tried the original XZT+ tunes. I'm willing to bet the new XZT+ stuff makes just as much power and has almost all the low end a smarty does.
It's still limited by the ~70hp output tops. But it fuels a lot harder than before. The 3000 tune woke my truck up overnight!

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update, got it all installed. WHOA, what a stack! I'm sure it's not up to par with some of the other stacks. But it's amazing what it did for the truck. The XZT+ with the 3K tune fuels hard and the Xilliraider fuels hard on top end. I've only got on it twice. I'm not going to tempt fate before I get a billet TC and VB in my trans. (And an aux cooler, and probably a deep pan)

I can peg the EGT's now. I got up to 1300 and backed off.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Andrew you like! For short burst you can take it to 1500*.

·
DieselAutoPower.com
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Andrew you like! For short burst you can take it to 1500*.
Love it! But I've got to get some other stuff in order before I play with it anymore. I'm scared. :lol3:

(Billet TC, VB, maybe a billet input if money allows)

Also going to be installing a draw straw and 1/2" lines.

I'll try to make a video. I can shut down the roads with the smoke. :rof

1 - 9 of 9 Posts