Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed the Quadzilla Xzillaraider XZT yet? If so what is your thoughts on the product good or bad?
What kind of milage increase did you see if any? Has anyone had any issues with the service department with this installed? Thanks in advance for your information. :beer

·
Registered
394 Posts
I had the regular XZT and it did add alot of power. dynod at 364 h,p and 844#. It seems to have got 1-2 mpg better over stock but you have to really baby it. My truck doesn't get good mpg's anyway (15-16 hwy unloaded). Im getting a smarty sr. soon. The XZT started throwing some codes more often and I was getting alot if injector clatter. I think it was straining the injectors too much. Make sure to remove it for trips to the dealer.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Ive had my XZT on my truck since 1 month after I took it from the dealers, I get better mileage towing and empty, best empty on paper 26.5 thats on cruise at 65, never had one bit of trouble with it in 45,000. I just plugged it in and forgot about it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have a Quadzilla Xlilleraider 2, love it (it's programmable). Have 19k on truck and get 19 mpg around town.17.9 towing 6,000 lbs at 65-70 set on #2

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Buzzard, Thanks for the info. My 04.5 shows 15.4 on the overhead around town so we're looking to bump that up a bit. Some of things you mentioned concern me a little, throwing codes and injector clatter could get old in a hurry. Any idea if the X2 is any better? I'm also considering the Smarty Jr, seems like there is a lot of buzz going around about it.

Fiftygrit, Thanks for the info. Glad to hear you've had good luck and are happy with the unit, I hope it continues to serve you well!!!

JIM KAZ, Thanks for the info. I like the fact that it's updatable and the price seems to be right, they just seem a little "plasticy", how is the overall quallity? The Edge units look a little more robust. I have heard of Quad boxes throwing codes per other posts on the site.
Thanks again for your time and thoughts.

Have any of you had to deal with Quadzilla customer service or downloaded any new code? If so what was your experience?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts