Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First and foremost; I LOVE THIS BOX AND THANK YOU VERY MUCH ROLLIN SMOKE! I will be doing business with them again in the future.
I've had this box for a couple of weeks now. Let me start with I'm not mechanically inclined, so the 20 or so minute install took more like an hour for me. :w: Then I had to turn around and take it out for a trip to the dealer. :w: The re-install took about 5 minutes.
DANG this thing can get expensive, it is REALLY hard to keep my foot off the go pedal. :$::$: There was a very noticable difference when I put it on PL04 to begin with. It felt like I was in someone else's truck. I had to concentrate to NOT break the tires loose taking off... It wasn't hard to break them loose before, on PL04 I have to think SLOW DOWN when taking off.
One issue I have had so far was loading the Max Mileage tune. My only laptop computer runs Windows Vista, and for some reason it could not find the box, let alone program it. So I just used my tower (with Windows XP) to program the box.
Now to the questions; First what is the best PL to tow on? I have a 12K 5er (never tow over 65MPH) and I'm not sure which setting to use for the best economy. I think I remember reading the answer to that question, but I can't find it by searching.
Second question; How do I connect it to my commander? There are no extra ports to plug in to on the commander, and the plug doesn't fit in to either of the plug-ins coming from the engine bay. I've read that I can control this thing with the commander, but how do I connect it??? The little controller that comes with it works fine, I would just prefer not to have the extra controller if it can be helped.
Thanks in advance for your assistance and THANK YOU AGAIN ROLLIN SMOKE.
Dave

·
Registered
13 Posts
In most cases with the X2 levels 1,2 or 3 are the best for fuel mileage. For towing you can use the level 3 (65hp) since you have the Commander and can monitor the EGTs. In order to control the X2 and have all 4, or 5 levels you need an adaptor cable to connect the two together. There are two different adaptors for these modules. One is for the fuel pressure kit and one is without the fuel pressure kit. The X2 will connect to the Commander as it is now but you will only have 3 levels. When it is connected this way you lose power level 1. Just call them guys up and they can get you fixed up with one of the adaptors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts