Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got any news on this update yet? Casey, Dave, Bentley, anybody?

Not being pushy...Just wondering about an estimate when it might be available???

I just want to know my true speed, get my RPM's running right, etc...

Also, does anybody know if the shift-points are set to the trucks RPM level vs. vehicle's speedo on our trucks???

Sounds strange...but I can't think of a better way to word it...

*** I'm also planning on putting in my H&S EGR delete this afternoon, after work...

So, I'll get some pics up of that, as well.

BTW, that CNC'd billet, with the H&S logo looks SWEET!!!

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
Anybody got any news on this update yet? Casey, Dave, Bentley, anybody?

Not being pushy...Just wondering about an estimate when it might be available???

I just want to know my true speed, get my RPM's running right, etc...

Also, does anybody know if the shift-points are set to the trucks RPM level vs. vehicle's speedo on our trucks???

Sounds strange...but I can't think of a better way to word it...

*** I'm also planning on putting in my H&S EGR delete this afternoon, after work...

So, I'll get some pics up of that, as well.

BTW, that CNC'd billet, with the H&S logo looks SWEET!!!
I thought they already had that calibration :confused013: I have never been able to tell a difference in shift points when calibrating tire sizes on any tuners i have owned.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Casey said the update for bigger than 35" tires, highest it goes now, will be out when the 175 tune comes out.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
I have 35 inch tires on my truck and I put the xrt on 35 and put my gps in my truck and I was doing 7 mph faster then I really was so that 35 isn't right for a 35.. I have it set at 33.75 or something like that so 35 setting and you running 38s otta be real close

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 35 inch tires on my truck and I put the xrt on 35 and put my gps in my truck and I was doing 7 mph faster then I really was so that 35 isn't right for a 35.. I have it set at 33.75 or something like that so 35 setting and you running 38s otta be real close
Thanks guys.

I've been told that about the tires, as well...I think by Casey, but I can't remember...LOL

But I don't have a GPS to check it with, and I can't find any speed traps around here to check it with either...(High-Tech redneck speedo calibration tool)...:hehe::hehe::hehe:

Has anybody else gotten the same reports for 35" tires running 7-over???

Just wondering if all trucks seem to stick around the same range...or if there is any variance per vehicle?

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
haha ya i used those speed traps before for speedo check until i got the gps ... but it was like 5 to 7 mph off at the higher speeds like 65 and up... i didnt really check it in town speed

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dad's truck is running stock wheels with 35x12.50x17 BFG Mud-Terrain KM-2's...and I have his set on 35.00", and he said it seems off...

What would yall suggest for me to set his on? Studdish, you have 35's...and your's is on 33.75, and WV, you've got 315's (34.7), and your's is on 33.5...

Anybody know which one would be better for my dad's truck?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Take it out and set the cruise at a constant speed and measure the seconds it takes to go between mile markers on the highway. Take 3600 (the number of seconds per hour) and divide it by the number of seconds it takes you to go the one mile between markers. ie. 3600/48seconds to go one mile = 75 mph

·
Registered
166 Posts
do yall know if we can get the H&S plate in different colors? I have the black Cummins Racing one from ebay...might be tempted to switch when i do my intake horn if they are offered in other colors...

·
Unreconstructed
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do yall know if we can get the H&S plate in different colors? I have the black Cummins Racing one from ebay...might be tempted to switch when i do my intake horn if they are offered in other colors...
I believe they are going to offer it in different colors...

I didn't ask too many questions, or for any specifics...since Casey asked me to try it out, and report back on it...LOL

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am running 315's. Matched to GPS at 33.5 on XRT. Was 7 over using 35.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts