Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have run the 60 and 120 hp settings on my truck. I have the DPF and Egr/cooler deleted. On both of those settings I saw a max of 30-32 psi boost. But i started reading about trans problems and decided to just run the delete tuning and factory hp setting and now the truck feels sluggish.

I mean it runs and takes off well. But it doesn't seem to have that umph that it had when it was 100% stock. Is this due to the fact that I have free flowing exhaust and don't have the back pressure to create that get up and go or what? Also running about 85 mph at almost wot I can only get 20 psi on the boost. Is this normal or is something wrong? I checked my egr delete to make sure i wasn't leaking boost there but it's tight, and all my intercooler boots are connected. So what gives? Have I just been running added hp for so long that I forgot what stock feels like? It just seems to me like I should be able to make more than 20psi especially under hard acceleration.

I need someone to tell me something so I can rest a little easier.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I feel the same way man I pulled my smarty off my truck when I sold it and had to wait a day for my black maxx to come in and my truck felt like a turd no power no response nothing felt like it cut down half my hp from stock so it's a good possibility you feel the same way

·
Registered
616 Posts
Oh also bump your xrt back to the tune you had just for reassurance if something Is wrong with the truck it will show even with the 60 or 120 hp tunes let me know how that works

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm hoping that's what it is. I just de-tuned it this morning. I was running the 120 for about a month up until this morning. I did a bunch of reading last night and decided to just set it at stock with the delete tuning. And it has been running just fine, no problem getting the boost up there. I just find it odd that my boost won 't get over 20 psi. I mean it runs great no problems, just sluggish feeling.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Yeah I know what you mean I'm not too sure what the stock turbo is rated for but I couldn't pull Much more than that either I don't really think you have a problem just used to the higher levels

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm really hopin so man. Hopefully some other guys will chime in and reassure us.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bump. Anyone else have any input. I'm sure I am not the only one who runs like this. I need some more input.

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
i'm pretty sure the stock tuning is "wastegated"(technically not cuz there ain't one) at 20ish...my buddy's 2010 w/ a minimaxx won't go over 20 psi on mild fwiw

·
Registered
738 Posts
I would have to disagree. I run mine on stock delete tuning using the Edge for power. Edge doesn't do anything to turbo, can hit 37psi all day long. Even when set to 0 hp gain, no problem to hit 20+. You wouldn't be able to tow much of anything with that little boost. Get it checked.

·
Registered
616 Posts
On stock tuning mine will pull 25 psi b.m. Turned up it pulls 30ish these trucks hurt for air without the right mods

·
Registered
10 Posts
i have a black maxx in my truck, and on stock setting i push around 25psi, and on 60 and 120 i see around 30 to 34. i usually leave mine in the 60 tune and its a perfect daily driving tune for me since the stock tune makes the truck feel like a slug.

·
Registered
10 Posts
and i heard somewhere these turbos are rated for 40ish psi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts