Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to update to 6.8.2 on my XRT pro. First time it gave me a message that some files could not be copied and aborted the update. So I deleted the file and re-downloaded it. Second time I tried it now says disc is full.

Did it update? How do I know? I hate to plug it into the truck and screw it all up.

·
Registered
985 Posts
1st question I had. After you downloaded the file from the H&S website did you copy all the files an paste them into the XRT PRO Card file and when it asks you if you wanted to replace the files you hit yes. If your using Windows Vista it will give you a copy, copy/replace and a skip this step I believe. Your suppose to hit copy/replace. Then after that you should have in the range of 279 total files on your XRT PRO Micro SD card.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes. I am using a mac, but works the same way. I then gave me a message that some files could not be copied and aborted the copy.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Hmm.... I don't see why it wouldn't allow them to be copied.. H&S should be able to email you the stock XRT PRO files in the morning and you might just have to retry it. Everything unzipped correctly and copied properly?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes everything unzipped. I had the done an 6.8.1 update even though I probably didn't need to when I ordered the transmission program and it worked with no problem.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I haven't updated to 6.8.2 yet but it worked flawlessly when I updated to 6.8.1. See if this helps.

XRT Pro Update Instructions: 2010-2011 6.7L Cummins - H&S Performance

Towards the bottom of the initial instructions it gives you the option to download the original file as it comes from H&S. Try that then try to update your Micro SD card again and see if that helps. That's the best I can do for the night.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Hmmm...
I downloaded the 6.8.2 updated for my XRT yesterday and everything worked fine? Then I went back in and downloaded one of the custome tunes "Hot Damn w/aggressive tubro"... works REEEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLY good

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I have been trying to update to 6.8.2 on my XRT pro. First time it gave me a message that some files could not be copied and aborted the update. So I deleted the file and re-downloaded it. Second time I tried it now says disc is full.

Did it update? How do I know? I hate to plug it into the truck and screw it all up.
Sometimes certain computers like to fight us. You may want to try a different computer. Also, make sure that you are plugging the SD card into the USB adapter before the USB adapter goes into the USB port. That will cause some issues as well.

We do offer the entire SD Card for download from the instructions page in the first paragraph. It is large, so expect a long download time. IIRC it is like 400mb. (kinda gives and idea the amount of software we are dealing with over here, NOT easy!)

You can also look on your SD card for a file named D010.txt. That is the file the XRT uses to determine version number for tuning. If you open that file it should say 682 in the first line of the text. That will give you an idea of whether the files transferred correctly, but of course is no guarantee. If the transfer froze after transferring that file, you still may not have all the necessary files for a full update.

Hope this helps. Let us know what we can do to help.

Bentley

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Holy old a$$ thread resurrection batman !!!

I keep getting the same message while trying to load the Mild W/ATT & the latest upgrade. This is being executed on my MacBook Air.

Anyone ever figure out this issue ???

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hello, any other Mac users out there ???

I hate having to use my wife's Dell to do this, it's like going back in time about 20 years.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I use my Mac every time and never have an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
What operating system do you use and how did you get around the issue previously stated ???

·
Registered
776 Posts
I believe I still have leopard and I have lion on my Mac mini. I just download the zip files and extract and drag drop and just replace all files. Never had an issue with it. If I were you I would reformat the card and start fresh. You must have a corrupt file somewhere preventing you to update it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Delmar

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Thanks Eric, I'll try that next time. I used my wife's Dell the other day and used the new automatic updater. Other than having to use a piece of junk windows based computer to do it, it works great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts