Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought the xrt pro thinking it has the same tunes as bm-mm, which it does. the problem is that nowhere did I read that it takes about 10 minutes to change tunes with this thing. That right there would have made me go with the mm. So now I am wondering if h&s will do something with this tuner to where I can load a tune quicker. I love the tunning but 10 minutes is a bit too much. If anyone is thinking about the xrt pro, I would highly recommend you go mm unless you plan on running the same tune most of the time.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
860 Posts
i'll buy the xrt off ya!

·
Registered
13,900 Posts
how often do you change your tune? :confused:

once I have a tune that works well, I never change it...

I don't like having the monitor style setups because I've seen way too many people get them stolen by people doing a smash n grab thinking they're GPS units

·
Registered
860 Posts

I don't like having the monitor style setups because I've seen way too many people get them stolen by people doing a smash n grab thinking they're GPS units
ON THE CONTRARY! the monitor style (BM/MM) have the auto defuel settings which are very nice :thumbsup:. but ya i got a 6.4 pstroke i kinda wana stick a tuner on so if he was willing to sell :confused013:

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I tow often and would like to be able to change tunes when I tow and when I don't:party018:

·
Registered
860 Posts
heck for 50 more bucks i can buy a new one! il give ya 500!

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
860 Posts
spend the extra 50 and get you a new one.
MAYBE I DONT WANT A NEW ONE! :buttkick: :hehe: jk man, just figured if u wanted out of it i kud get a bit of a deal but its cool :thumbsup:

·
GOD IS GOOD
667 Posts
So I bought the xrt pro thinking it has the same tunes as bm-mm, which it does. the problem is that nowhere did I read that it takes about 10 minutes to change tunes with this thing. That right there would have made me go with the mm. So now I am wondering if h&s will do something with this tuner to where I can load a tune quicker. I love the tunning but 10 minutes is a bit too much. If anyone is thinking about the xrt pro, I would highly recommend you go mm unless you plan on running the same tune most of the time.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
I know what you mean...i think mine is closer to 15 minutes :doh: the only positive is that i don't change my tune very often so ill be ok.

·
Registered
844 Posts
I love my MM but I honestly don't ever run mine out of the "no power" setting. I just like being able to monitor all my parameters on one single screen. The XRT pro however is a really nice unit cause you load it up and take it out. Makes it a lot easier to keep the interior lookin mod free. But like ya'll said, I've had so many f&*(&in break in's lately that I hardly wanna leave my truck anywhere but a police station. It's a tough choice but I've resorted to taking the chip and the radar and the ipod out of the truck every single night just so I don't wake up to nearly 2 grand worth of chit missing. :banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
860 Posts
I love my MM but I honestly don't ever run mine out of the "no power" setting. I just like being able to monitor all my parameters on one single screen. The XRT pro however is a really nice unit cause you load it up and take it out. Makes it a lot easier to keep the interior lookin mod free. But like ya'll said, I've had so many f&*(&in break in's lately that I hardly wanna leave my truck anywhere but a police station. It's a tough choice but I've resorted to taking the chip and the radar and the ipod out of the truck every single night just so I don't wake up to nearly 2 grand worth of chit missing. :banghead::banghead:
if your just running no power you can just take the mm out and its defaults too no power, but then again you cant monitor parameters, not that i would think to even really look at it unless your towing real heavy.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Sorry to hear that you did not understand the product, and the feature differences between the tuners. I hope that you do not feel that you were misled in any way by H&S. Our product link below clearly states the 10 minute time for downloads, so I am hoping we did our due diligence to accurately describe the features. We try as hard as we can to clearly show each product feature, so I sincerely apologize if we did not clearly advertise this difference.

XRT Pro - H&S Performance

If you want to pay a 10% restocking fee to cover re-packaging, I would be happy to give you credit towards a Mini or Black Maxx.

Let us know!

-H&S

1 - 13 of 13 Posts