Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was on, I thought I would tell of what the XRT can do! Found myself in a heads up race with a Subaru STi...dude had 2 chicks in the car with him so he thought he would try and show off a lil. At the light he was hitting the rev limiter so I could hear his nasty sounding fart can LOL! Light turned green and it was all over from there...I look in my side mirror and see him trying but couldn't keep up to save his life! I was running the 120 tune at the time and he didn't stand a chance. This XRT is sick! Especially now with the 175 tune! H&S y'all rock!:headbang:

· Registered
1,721 Posts
Haha and you didn't ask the chicks to come ride with you after you blew him away?

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha and you didn't ask the chicks to come ride with you after you blew him away?
Haha I was thinkin of tellin him that I would race him for the chicas:lol4:

· Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,917 Posts

· Registered
161 Posts
Good kill but i wouldnt run around thinking you can get them all. I know of several STI's and Evo's that would eat just about any diesels lunch. And like I said GOOD KILL, but the idiot you were playing with either didn't know how to drive or something, even in stock form that car should hang with you (according to the mods in your sig) in the 1/4. I had an Evo before I bought the Cummins, acctually tradded it in on the truck. bone stock I took that car through the 1/4 in 13.5 and after allitle work (exhaust, air filter, & tune) I was making 300 AWHP and did [email protected] 106mph with a week clutch, 3/4 tank of gas and my fat a$$ driving (260lbs), not to mention i was not real good at launching that car. I would honestly be suprised to see your truck with your mods do better than 14.0 and the STI should do about 13.5 bone stock.

not trying to talk sh*t just my thoughts

that was allot longer than i had planned.

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh yea I know they are quick and I have respect for the STis and Evos. A win is a win with or without driver error, I was just chiming in on how pleased I am with the XRT with the amount of power it delivers when it counts. It was the first vehichle I have run against since I put on the XRT. I'm not trying to come off as big headed or anything, just very happy with the H&S products

· Registered
2,024 Posts
Good kill but i wouldnt run around thinking you can get them all. I know of several STI's and Evo's that would eat just about any diesels lunch. And like I said GOOD KILL, but the idiot you were playing with either didn't know how to drive or something, even in stock form that car should hang with you (according to the mods in your sig) in the 1/4. I had an Evo before I bought the Cummins, acctually tradded it in on the truck. bone stock I took that car through the 1/4 in 13.5 and after allitle work (exhaust, air filter, & tune) I was making 300 AWHP and did [email protected] 106mph with a week clutch, 3/4 tank of gas and my fat a$$ driving (260lbs), not to mention i was not real good at launching that car. I would honestly be suprised to see your truck with your mods do better than 14.0 and the STI should do about 13.5 bone stock.

not trying to talk sh*t just my thoughts

that was allot longer than i had planned.
I wouldn't say he can't break 14.0 with his mods.

I've seen a couple guys on here with the Edge/MP-8 stack hit mid to low 13's in the 1/4 mile (not the Edge performance test, but actual time slips).

The 175 tune is putting out about the same power as that stack.

So a mid 13 second modded diesel vs a stock mid 13 second STi? Sounds like a driver's race to me.

Plus, it looks better when a 7,000lb 4x4 diesel truck runs mid 13's than a tool in a car with a wing :hehe:

· Registered
1,111 Posts
I wouldn't say he can't break 14.0 with his mods.

I've seen a couple guys on here with the Edge/MP-8 stack hit mid to low 13's in the 1/4 mile (not the Edge performance test, but actual time slips).

The 175 tune is putting out about the same power as that stack.

So a mid 13 second modded diesel vs a stock mid 13 second STi? Sounds like a driver's race to me.

Plus, it looks better when a 7,000lb 4x4 diesel truck runs mid 13's than a tool in a car with a wing :hehe:
I would have to agree with you on that!!! It's always nice when a tool in his "fast car" is wide open and he is struggling to keep up with a 7000-8000lb 4x4 farm truck.

· Registered
393 Posts
I would have to agree with you on that!!! It's always nice when a tool in his "fast car" is wide open and he is struggling to keep up with a 7000-8000lb 4x4 farm truck.
ha ha ha right on

· Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How big were the two chicks in his car?::party018:
not big at all, they were freakin smokin..will make you wanna slap ya mamma!:lol4:

· Premium Member
686 Posts
That's so cool man. I hate these little cars that dont have any respect for true power. Without a programmer I smashed this bmw from a roll doing 45 up to 75 then i let of due to the speed limit (55). Great kill.

· Registered
1,153 Posts
HA HA STI's and EVO's are sick cars for rallying and thats about it. I would love to have one and rally it talk about adrenaline! they are fast stock but still a import! For the same money i'd take a 03-04 Cobra! Twin turbo those and you have nine second streetable car! Put a grand in one and you have a high eleven second car

· Premium Member
686 Posts
Mustangs can be quick as but who hasn't seen a fast car? Now when you 7000lbs truck goes 10-11 seconds down the 1/4 that truly impressive.

· Registered
2,024 Posts
Mustangs can be quick as but who hasn't seen a fast car? Now when you 7000lbs truck goes 10-11 seconds down the 1/4 that truly impressive.
I agree.

A few years back, I had a modded 2001 Z28 Camaro - bolt ons, Moser 9" rear end, T-rex cam, racing clutch, etc. Easily into the 12's.

But . . . the fact was, it wasn't a good all around vehicle. Could only carry one passenger, could barely fit groceries in the thing they called the trunk, and I had to be careful going over any speed bumps. It got old.

Fast cars are cool as a weekend car. But I prefer a fast truck that I can drive anytime, anywhere and use for any purpose.

· Premium Member
686 Posts
CO6.7Cummins me and you are on the same page. I have a 1971 Chevelle with a 396BBC and I love that car to death but its only a weekend driver, I just love diesel's and i'll never part with mine.

· Registered
1,153 Posts
How many people you know who has a ten second diesel? and how much did they invest 100k lol I love diesels thats why i have one but i love mustangs too and bikes. MY r6 does ten's i spent less on it then my buddy did just on his trans ha ha

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.