Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the XRT this morning, a lengthy but easy install. some of you may have had the same problem as i have, my truck has been stuck in limp mode for quite some time and my dealer is not a friendly one so i have been holding out for something that can preform like the Star Scan. I have been running my edge on hot just to get the truck to perform like a stock one. And then H&S came to the rescue, Casey sent me the updater for the XRT that will reset all the dpf timers (what was keeping it in limp mode), now i have a clear over head and no CEL on the dash.

The power from this thing is amazing, then when i turn up the Edge it is like driving a different truck.

Thank you H&S for helping to get my truck out of limp mode and clearing up lights and messages that i dont need.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts
Awesome to hear you are up and running and going strong bro :thumbsup:

James
RSD

·
Registered
230 Posts
grats! H&S are good people.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am looking forward to the rail pressure guage, James. The dash pod came in now i need something to put in it.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
Congrats on the XRT. I am glad to hear Casey hooked you up. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
The XRT is a great product:thumbsup::thumbsup: Good work H and S

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Skin just to let you know (and everybody for that matter), i ordered the XRT from Keven @ K2 diesel performance, but while installing the XRT i did have to call H&S for some help getting the CATALYST FULL SEE DEALER message off the overhead, I talked with Bently and he walked me right through it. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH H&S, As well with KEVEN at K2. James at RSD has me set up to recieve my Rail Pressure gauge from ISSPRO. ALL THES GUYS ARE TOP NOTCH IN MY OPINION. AND I CANT THANK THEM ENOUGH FOR THEIR TIME AND EFFORT, RETURNING PM's, returning phone calls and e-mails. I have had no troubles with any of these guys, but have had a lot of help in getting this 6.7 to run like a bat out of hell.

I would like to say thank you to Keven, James, Casey, and Bently

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
Nice. Thanks for the heads up. :headbang:

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hey Skin just to let you know (and everybody for that matter), i ordered the XRT from Keven @ K2 diesel performance, but while installing the XRT i did have to call H&S for some help getting the CATALYST FULL SEE DEALER message off the overhead, I talked with Bently and he walked me right through it. GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE WITH H&S, As well with KEVEN at K2. James at RSD has me set up to recieve my Rail Pressure gauge from ISSPRO. ALL THES GUYS ARE TOP NOTCH IN MY OPINION. AND I CANT THANK THEM ENOUGH FOR THEIR TIME AND EFFORT, RETURNING PM's, returning phone calls and e-mails. I have had no troubles with any of these guys, but have had a lot of help in getting this 6.7 to run like a bat out of hell.

Glad to see ya back on the road

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Installed the XRT this morning, a lengthy but easy install. some of you may have had the same problem as i have, my truck has been stuck in limp mode for quite some time and my dealer is not a friendly one so i have been holding out for something that can preform like the Star Scan. I have been running my edge on hot just to get the truck to perform like a stock one. And then H&S came to the rescue, Casey sent me the updater for the XRT that will reset all the dpf timers (what was keeping it in limp mode), now i have a clear over head and no CEL on the dash.

The power from this thing is amazing, then when i turn up the Edge it is like driving a different truck.

Thank you H&S for helping to get my truck out of limp mode and clearing up lights and messages that i dont need.
:party018: It's about time that thing got out of limp mode :headbang:

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts

:yourock: Thanks Aaron:thumbsup:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kris you need to order on of these things, you would love it.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts

Thanks my friend. I'm just happy you are out roasting your tires :lol4:

James
RSD

·
700hp Club
2,199 Posts
be carefull of running to much advanced timing my friend, edge and XRT both mess with timing, you will notice the power but you are leaning the truck out too much.:buttkick:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was able to take a 40 mile hwy trip back to work today, and played with the new toys a little, the quad fooler came in last night, so i installed it this afternoon.

On this trip i turned the Edge to stock just to see what the XRT can do by itself, this turner delivers the smoothest power, just driving it doesnt feel like its all that, but when you look down at the good speed-o-meter it lets you know. like i said i cant believe how smooth it is. The Boost Fooler really makes a difference, it boost a lot harder. (thanks again K2). What is really kind of cool is the fact that the little yellow engine that used to annoy me is no longer there, and the overhead that i had to put back on heading and temp every time i carnked the truck just pops up by itself. No more waiting for the edge to clear codes, just to have them pop back up 5 miles down the road. The Xrt is a work of art. The truck now runs like a cummins should.

Stacked with the edge it delivers seat pinning power, and you can kill mosquitos for miles. I am glad i ended up with the turner and the programmer that i have. I can see water/meth, and Air Dog in the near future though. Also i have got to get all my gauges hooked up and mounted. I will keep yall posted on the progress.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
anybody got ideas on a water/meth set up, i would love to get the Snow MPG but that is another grand, i am hoping to get a little cheaper set up.

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
anybody got ideas on a water/meth set up, i would love to get the Snow MPG but that is another grand, i am hoping to get a little cheaper set up.
I am running the Snow stage 2. I got it just for hot doggin around and cooling the EGTs. The stage 2 just sprays on boost numbers. If you plan on doing lots of towing stage 3 is the way to go because it also sprays on EGTs.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Jon i am looking at their site right now, gonna see how much cheaper it is. Did your new "boost tube" help you any?

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
The stage 2 is quite abit cheeper. I choose the one that suited my needs the best.

I did a bunch of mods at once like the FPE turbo controller/boost fooler, Fast Canuck intake horn, and II stage 2 CP3 when I did the 3.5" tube. There was a huge change in my trucks throttle response and performance. Others who have done just the boost tube said they notice improved throttle response and cooler intake temps. It is a great and inexpensive mod to make to any 6.7.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts