Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done puting my 5" TBE on and downloading XRT, after the disclaimer yes or no it gave me this message:

Error in Checksum
01D2FD66 85A3581C
000485C8 000A7F32
0010D8FE 016D268

Can anyone help out with this soon, I would like to get my truck going this evening?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Just got done puting my 5" TBE on and downloading XRT, after the disclaimer yes or no it gave me this message:

Error in Checksum
01D2FD66 85A3581C
000485C8 000A7F32
0010D8FE 016D268

Can anyone help out with this soon, I would like to get my truck going this evening?

I believe there was a thread from Casey that said you can just unplug the tuner and start the truck then try again downloading the tuner.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any chance you know where that thread is? I will search for it, thanks for you help.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had the same problem Friday when I did mine. I just unplugged it and gave it another go and it worked fine. You will LOVE your new truck!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
228 Posts
I had that message a couple times, but then on the third try, it loaded the 120 tune with no problems... Just keep trying it will work

·
Smells like Bananas
7,247 Posts

Error in Checksum
01D2FD66 85A3581C
000485C8 000A7F32
0010D8FE 016D268

Boy I remember the "Error in Checksum", Thats what I got when the PMT locked up my ECU.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Boy I remember the "Error in Checksum", Thats what I got when the PMT locked up my ECU.
Ive heard of that and got real scared for a sec, but i just restarted it and it was all good.

·
Premium Member
10,421 Posts

Error in Checksum
01D2FD66 85A3581C
000485C8 000A7F32
0010D8FE 016D268

I sent you a email.

James
RSD

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
There is a big difference in seeing this code on the tuner, and seeing a p0601 code(Internal ECM checksum error)on the dash. The XRT is calculating the new file to make sure it is 100% before installing it on the ECM. The XRT builds a specific tune for your exact flash, so there is a lot of information that needs to be correct. If you come up with this error on the XRT, do not worry. Unplug it, load it again and you will be good to go.

P

·
0 Posts
It's usually caused by a poor connection in the ODP2 Plug. Best thing to do is plug it in, start it and leave it on the seat to minimize movement of the cable. Works every time.

I learned that with the PMT

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,142 Posts
There is a big difference in seeing this code on the tuner, and seeing a p0601 code(Internal ECM checksum error)on the dash. The XRT is calculating the new file to make sure it is 100% before installing it on the ECM. The XRT builds a specific tune for your exact flash, so there is a lot of information that needs to be correct. If you come up with this error on the XRT, do not worry. Unplug it, load it again and you will be good to go.
Thanks for the info Bently.

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Make sure as well when your trying to do anything with the programmer that there are no power fluctuations such as fan motor running, opening and closing doors interior lights etc.. This will cause slight changes to the amount of voltage the ecm is receiving.. What I have got in the habit of doing is opening the drivers side window and have the programmer hanging on the mirror and doing the complete program from out side the truck and just reaching in to turn the key when needed seems to work every time for me anyhow..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts