Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
GOD IS GOOD
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sure this is old news and im sure my question is answered here some where, so sorry for being lazy and thanks for the help....I was wondering just what has to be deleted, removed or unpluged when running the XRT. I want to remove the down pipe and the DPF junk in the exhaust, was thinking Flo-Pro 835, and wanted to just block the EGR cooler of with a freeze plug and leave everything intacked... EGR cooler,servo motor etc.

Thanks for any info :thumbsup:

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,120 Posts
The O2 sensors can be unplugged and removed because they are not needed. Sims go into the 3 EGT probes. And you unplug the EGR mixer motor which is located on top of the intake horn. Unplug the butterfly valve that is located on the inlet side if the intake horn and unplug the cooler servo motor.

·
GOD IS GOOD
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The O2 sensors can be unplugged and removed because they are not needed. Sims go into the 3 EGT probes. And you unplug the EGR mixer motor which is located on top of the intake horn. Unplug the butterfly valve that is located on the inlet side if the intake horn and unplug the cooler servo motor.
THANKS,

Great info...would their be a need to block the EGR, or would you do that just to assure no exhaust bypasses?
And can you use an exhaust without the bungs?

·
Unreconstructed
6,575 Posts
THANKS,

Great info...would their be a need to block the EGR, or would you do that just to assure no exhaust bypasses?
And can you use an exhaust without the bungs?
I went ahead and did an H&S Performance complete EGR delete...

That's what I recommend.

And yes, you can use an '04.5-'07 5.9 turbo-back exhaust without any bungs.

·
GOD IS GOOD
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...:thumbsup:

·
DPF Performance
39 Posts
We carry the flo-pro system you are looking for. please pm for price.

We have the system with or with out bungs in them, so if u dont wanna take off your sensors you can just stick them back in. This will also make it easier for you to return to stock if required. The XRT tuner is an awsome tuner, you will not be disappointed in your choice.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Thanks...:thumbsup:
For what its worth...I have both the smarty and xrt....both tuners are absolutely awesome on my truck, customer service has been flawless with both. I will have a review shortly on both comparing the two. Thanks to both camps for such great products:yourock:
I got my xrt and 5in. tbe exhaust from James @ Rollin smoke diesel, great service great price for what it is worth.
Whatever you choose you will not be dissapointed and you will not be able to stop drivin your truck.....now take the plunge and do it:headbang:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.