Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's spotty, and not holding stations.

Unless I'm in the middle of nowhere. As soon as I get near power-lines, towns, cities....it starts to sound like a slow record, or cuts out....weird.

I'm thinking it's an antenna issue. Or, break in the cable... Is this known issue with these OEM head units?

I don't want to have to replace the head unit or add-on a receiver.

·
Registered
2,985 Posts
Could be the xm receiver itself. Mine went out last year. Started failing to hold signal at one specific intersection (bunch of wires crossing and surrounding the 4-way light), then progressed to failing to hold signal without absolutely clear sky view, then just stopped working altogether. Whole thing was over a six month period...

New receiver, prorated refund for remaining subscription, three months free, then they applied my refund to the annual all-access renewal.

Unfortunately there’s no real way to test it other than throw in a new receiver. Some audio shops will toss one in for labor cost and only charge you for the receiver if that fixes it... didn’t work for me as they wanted $70 plus tax, and I found it on amazon direct from xm for $40.

Hope this helps. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts