Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done this on a 6.7ltr yet? If so what is you opinions. Can it be done?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes it can be done ive done it very easy to do most hid kits now are totally plugNplay now. Lots of different brands and noticed the light as far as the 3k 4k 5k 6k 8k are personal preference just if your goin to change out ur fog lights use the same brand I do know that all brands offer the same lights 3k4k6k...there not going to look the same. give me a shout if u have any questions

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I thought the 3k 4k...... so on were the brightness of the light. They way I understand the whiter the light the better as for visibility, I am not doing it to have colored lights.
If you have pics that would be great. I don't know about changing the fog lights due to my frontier cow catcher.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am going to be getting the 6k lights they are by far the brightest and whitest.
What brand or make? I've been looking and some seem cheap. I want a reliable set. What are you going to do about fogs? If you have them.

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I have the Eagle HID HI/Lo kit in my truck. Easy to install the ballasts are nice and small and PIAA has a set of 540 lights fog lights that are a direct replacement for the stock fog lights. The kit comes with all the mounting hardware aswell

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
I have the Eagle HID HI/Lo kit in my truck. Easy to install the ballasts are nice and small and PIAA has a set of 540 lights fog lights that are a direct replacement for the stock fog lights. The kit comes with all the mounting hardware aswell
Is there a website where we can order these kits? :hyper:

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I'm not sure if there is a website but I bought the kit from JB Power Center in Edmonton ,Alberta

Reactions: inthenorth6.7

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yeah i have no idea on where to buy them, I have been looking for months now. but i do know that they will have to use a relay or they wont work because our trucks are more than 12 volts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i have a set of 6000k on my 07.5 i lve them and if you dont have them or have never driven a vehicle with HID's your in for a treat. you will find yourself looking for an excuse just to drive at night.

·
Premium Member
3,791 Posts
i have a set of 6000k on my 07.5 i lve them and if you dont have them or have never driven a vehicle with HID's your in for a treat. you will find yourself looking for an excuse just to drive at night.
I agree. My beemer x5 has 'em and I love 'em too. Some day......:$:

·
Registered
602 Posts
What do you mean by 2nd generation? For a 2nd gen Dodge?

·
Registered
639 Posts
"ebay"!!!!!!

Many differant brands and setups for sale on EBAY. They have the HALO style also available for our trucks. :beer

·
Registered
61 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Oo I see what your sayin. I guess they just bumped up the temps and called them gen 2s. I suppose whichever color you prefer. I researched a little bit here and on DTR and saw that people were having trouble with the halo style projectors for 06 and up headlight styles. Anyone use them? If they aren't any good I'll just stick some HIDs in the stock headlight housing.

·
Registered
309 Posts
isnt there a special set to get HID's to work on diesel's??

my bro bought a set of HID's for his 03 diesel and all it would do is blink....

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've had them on my truck about 3 weeks now. Love'em. I don't know what all year models it encompasses but they put capacitors in to keep them from flickering. BTW did headlight dual beam and fogs in 6k.

·
Registered
309 Posts
where did you buy them from??

1 - 20 of 88 Posts