Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to run part diesel part filtered wvo i will filter the wvo to 2microns first what would be a safe percent combo if i want to add it in with my regular diesel fuel i was told like 30% wvo and 70% diesel and how do you dewater wvo??

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
You can get a centrifuge to dewater the WVO but that's about the only way I know of. I know that you can get a fishtank bubbler and dewater BIOdiesel in that process BUT I'm pretty sure that bubbling WVO would cause it to grow all kinds of microbes and turn your WVO rancid. Running WVO unheated in your engine is a bad thing no matter what. I'd think that you could possibly use 5% mixture for more or less only added lubricity, (as a two stroke substitute) but without heating it I wouldn't run it at all (in MY engine especially with a VP44). When your engine isn't up to operating temps (for the first couple minutes of running it) that veggie oil won't be burning properly and depositing polymers and junk in your engine.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
If you do run WVO with your diesel, I'd measure some diesel out in a jar and start putting WVO in it and test to see if it even mixes well. I don't know if they settle out from each other or not, but you should probably figure that out before you try mixing them in your fuel tank.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
check out the sludge they get from the WVO with the centrifuge. Think about that going through your VP. I'm not trying to completely scare you away from using WVO, but I think there's a good and a bad way to do it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info

·
Registered
119 Posts
where do ya get a centrfuge thingy? my buddy has 110,000 on a Dmax runnin a 2 tank wvo for the last 60,000. does nothin but let it sit then filter it. it is heated on is truck fyi.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts