Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok no bs about this guy a once knew, he said yada yada. . . Do you or someone you directly know, run either of these systems? Why did you choose what you did? cost? difficulty of setup? Time investment in producing product? Issues youv'e had that can be traced directly to the alt fuel?(not "it has to be the fuel cause it didnt do it before" junk) What is involved in makin the fuel? potential dangers of ill fuel proccessing? Mileage results? Power? How long you had the system? How many miles? There guys on here makin both of these work. How? And make sure, if it aint in your sig, state your gen/year/ please. these have big influence on the end results. I want to do one of the systems on my 12v. I need solid founded info based on your own results please. Thanks in advance guys!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got about 55k total miles on my 04.5. About 30k of those are on WVO. I haven't had a single problem.
I know a few people that have had to replace some injectors on 03 up trucks. It is not known if WVO was the cause.

·
Registered
139 Posts
According to to many of the sites that sell two tank set ups. The 12V's are an excellent candidate for running WVO.

Do a search on "discussion SVO". There is a guy Tim C Cook that has a blog on running a 93 in detail. In the warm months he's running a 50% diesel & 50%
WVO blend with excellent results.

Lots of good guys to ask questions.

Dave

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
My homework researching for my business (heavy equipment) led me to believe that small orifice injector tips will be more susceptible to coking up (deposits around jets) running wvo. I run everything on bio now, but often fill up with petro in the truck.

Biodiesel problems; Plug up fuel filter once or twice, then no problems. SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUSTIBLE left on rags in the sun. Had a fire from a bad batch (I believe improperly washed-glycerine left in fuel) Backhoe stack was spitting embers into my gutter warming it up. Never happened since. Minimal damage, but a pretty good scare. Bio wrecks most paint if left to sit on it.

MPG drop of 1.5 to 2MPG unloaded. Slower spool up of turbo. Less toxic and pick up more work from local hippies who dig my business running on bio. Better lubricity allows piece of mind in these days of ulsd. Load matched equipment had virtually no smoke where it was hard to work around before. Dramatically less smoke in the truck running bio. Still plenty of power. Smoothed out my idle in the truck before I went to bigger sticks, and made more power as the bio, I assume, cleaned my injectors.

I decided to not brew my own after realizing how involved it was. Like starting another business. More cost effective to buy it in my situation. Joshua Tickell's book From the Fryer to the Fuel Tank is a pretty good read for the layman looking for info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts