Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM BUILDING MY WVO KIT AND NEED INPUT. HERE IS MY PLAN. Two tanks, wvo with a electric pump, no switching valve but a check valve at the IP and a check valve on #2 diesel side. The LP #2has 7-9 psi my wvo pump has 20 psi. When I turn on the WVO pump the check valve will stop #2 diesel from being pumped and stop the WVO from going to the #2 tank. turn off the WVO pump and #2 pump takes over and run on #2. The only swithing valve will be for the return line. The WVO has a heated tank and the fuel line is ran insde a heater hose to and from the IP. I have heater wire to go on the injector linesIP to injectors. WILL THIS WORK?

·
Registered
12 Posts
you will need a return line for the lift pump since it wont turn off. I dont know much about it but sounds like it will work

·
Registered
119 Posts
let me know cuz i'm bout to do somethin on my truck too. WVO sounds like less work.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You should shoot for 20-45psi on the fuel pressure.
If you are not buying a quality pump like a FASS then you should just reconfigure the stock lift pump to push through your seperate filters. This requires two selector valves on the supply line and another one for the return.
I would also add a flat plate heat exchanger at the end, just before the IP.
And use 1/2" ID aluminum tube in your HIH from tank to engine compartment

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the truck rinning on WVO with a return line on diesel with a check valve. I open the return valve and lose diesel pressure so the check vale closes and it switchs to wvo. My fuel gauge jumps from 0 to 20 psi on diesel and holds 25-30 on WVO. Do I need a better fuel gauge? Still working on details, butt it runs on WVO now

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am doing a system on a 98 12v.

I just finished phase 1. I moved my driver's battery over to the passenger's side. They are both now where the air box was and the air filter is going straight to where the passenger battery was.

I did this to open up the space across from the IP. This is where I am putting my FPHE and WVO filter.

I have made a bracket that will hold 2 valves. It mounts on the frame and goes up by the LP. The valve before the LP is for diesel/wvo selection. The valve after the LP picks which filter it goes to. The diesel will continue up to the regular diesel filter. The WVO will go forward to the Racor heated filter and then into the FPHE. My fuel line will be T'd right before the IP. My return valve will choose between the diesel tank and veg. I have not decided if I want to loop yet. I was thinking that if I send hot veg back to the veg tank it will help in the winter.

This will all be controlled with a VO controller. Once the truck is warm the switch over will take only a few seconds since there are separate filters for each. Once the valves switch and a system is selected the only time delay will be the distance from the T'd fuel line to the IP, about 2 inches. My purge times should be between 10-15 seconds.

Fattywagon has HIH line you can buy.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have run my veg. return back to the lift pump so it is as hot as I can get it. my pump and filter is under the truck on the fram. I have electric heater wire on the line tank to pump and filter, hose in hose to check valve and heater wire on injector lines. Check it today and injector line is 238f. Still wating on a new fuel gauge.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts