Cummins Diesel Forum banner

WVO 92 First Gen

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  tyjones 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I've got some questions about running WVO in my 92 first gen...
My dad has run WVO in his 02' 7.3 with a two tank heated system on board for over 30,000 miles with no problems. Before putting the WVO in the 7.3, he first dewaters the oil, filters, lets it settle, and then heats it and puts it into the WVO tank on the truck. He bought a system for this and keeps it in our garage. It's quite the process!
What I'm wondering is after dewatering, filtering, settling, and then heating the WVO, could I run something like a B50 blend straight into the fuel tank of my 92' 5.9? The truck is a daily driver and I live in California...where I live it maybe freezes four or five times a year in the winter.
I'd really appreciate it if anyone with a little more knowledge about first gens and WVO could give me some advice!
Thanks!
Aaron

#3 ·
I would start off trying 50/50 with the filter mix to diesel. Being an mechanical injection you may be able to get high percentages of wvo to diesel. The percentage is more based upon outside temps then anything. The colder it is the more diesel that you need. You can also add up to 5% gasoline (RUG) to the WVO/diesel mix to help with cold weather starting.

#5 ·
Ok...thats what I have been thinking...I've also been looking at a couple of ways to heat either my fuel lines or my fuel tank. Would it be beneficial to invest in a fuel pressure gauge in order to monitor whether or not my fuel filter is being clogged?

#6 ·
I live in nor cal, chico area where its about 68F right now. I have a 92 cummins as well, runs great on 85% veg oil and 15% gasoline! I have spent tons of time researching this matter but experimenting on my own has taught me more. when it is hot out like 90F+ then I run 100% veg oil or 98% oil and 2% gas. Doin my own tests have proven that gas thins the oil about 3.5 times more than does the same amount of diesel. So 10% gas thins out the oil as much as 35% diesel 65% oil! Keep a new filter in your glove box!!!
my truck is 100% stock! no heaters no dual tanks, STOCK!! I did turn up my idle to about 900rpm so it wont hate me so much in the cool mornings. Good luck and have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.