Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a stack/stacks on my '06 2500. What sort of trouble may i run into with state inspection in WV? Are there certain kits that are more complete than others and will pass easier?

·
West Virginia Chapter VP
840 Posts
I want a stack/stacks on my '06 2500. What sort of trouble may i run into with state inspection in WV? Are there certain kits that are more complete than others and will pass easier?
Stacks as in 2 is the only way to go. We have spots to go but they are talked about only in person. In my opinion Silverline is the only way to go.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to say - at the risk of joining the outcast crowd, here - I am leaning toward a single stack. I am, however, probably going to go with the black Silverline. Has anyone had issues with the Grand Rocks, or is Silverline just that much better? I ask because I see GR has this new black denim series, now.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Stacks as in 2 is the only way to go. We have spots to go but they are talked about only in person. In my opinion Silverline is the only way to go.
i wouldve never guessed that silverline was your cup of tea:hehe:
i like my MBRPs:drool2:

·
Registered
69 Posts
As long as u keep the factory emissions equipment such as a catalytic converter, dpf, or whatever your truck came with, and the stacks have mufflers in them, it'll be legal. But on diesels around here no one really seems to enforce all that, but legally that's what you'd need to pass inspection. However I've never seen or personally failed a truck with stacks. But the newer trucks are gonna be a little different with the dpf's, i figure it's gonna be a little harder to get one inspected without the dpf on. As far as which brand, they're all good these days and come with basically the same parts and quality. Mbrp is still top notch but u do pay for it, silverlines stuff is a little cheaply made to me, but they're gettin better. I'd just find what tips u want the most and go with who has the best price on a kit with what style you like. I do now realize how hard bullhauler tips ate getting to find, Ive been searchin for 2 weeks for a set not outrageously priced, it seems everyone is going with the Aussies instead now so they're gettin phased out. All the more reason for me to want em lol.

·
Registered
220 Posts
As long as u keep the factory emissions equipment such as a catalytic converter, dpf, or whatever your truck came with, and the stacks have mufflers in them, it'll be legal. But on diesels around here no one really seems to enforce all that, but legally that's what you'd need to pass inspection. However I've never seen or personally failed a truck with stacks. But the newer trucks are gonna be a little different with the dpf's, i figure it's gonna be a little harder to get one inspected without the dpf on. As far as which brand, they're all good these days and come with basically the same parts and quality. Mbrp is still top notch but u do pay for it, silverlines stuff is a little cheaply made to me, but they're gettin better. I'd just find what tips u want the most and go with who has the best price on a kit with what style you like. I do now realize how hard bullhauler tips ate getting to find, Ive been searchin for 2 weeks for a set not outrageously priced, it seems everyone is going with the Aussies instead now so they're gettin phased out. All the more reason for me to want em lol.
dont put bull haulers on your truck jesse:umno: get straight or mitre cuts. bull haulers wouldnt look right, aussies would be alright. but you know the hell youd catch for auusies because of who has ONE

1 - 7 of 7 Posts