Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!! No Front Brakes

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  RacerXLS2 
#1 ·
Ok guys. I don't no if this is the right section. Mods please move it its not. But I recetly replaced my front brakes. (everything). And its been fine for a while. Now all of a sudden. My brakes are slow going alway. I can tell its the fronts. Cuz my backs are working. The question is what is it. They come and go?? Thanks and sorry for the sloppy thread Andrew:confused013:

#2 ·
possibly your master cylinder isnt holding pressure?
Or one of the combo valves for your abs is going bad but I would be its more your master isnt holding pressure unless you already replaced it

#3 ·
I had a caliper freeze up after only 3 weeks. I usually suspect the last thing I touched and check that first.

#4 ·
Two very good pieces of advice. I vote for a bad master cylinder if you haven't touched anything else! There are two seals in the master cylinder. One for the rear, one for the front. The front one is probably leaking. It will leak internally back to the reservoir.

#8 ·
Did you force the old fluid from calipers back into MC?? Big cause of abs and MC issues.
Apparentlly the MC is bad now.

#9 ·
There are filters on the return side of the ISO cartridges on the ABS valve. If you have 4 wheel ABS it is impossible for debris or contaminants to make their way all the way to the master cylinder. Just FYI :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.