Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually installed these? One seller has 37 positive reviews for the injectors. I just recently discovered dcec the company in china that cummins owns 50% of and supposedly they make really good parts. I wonder if they are manufactured by them and relabeled Bosch. The boxes in the pics have Chinese writing on them but since my Chinese is super rough as in non-existent I have noooo idea what they say. I know what youre thinking, im thinking the same thing but how has no one from Bosch sued them for product and labeling copyright and patent violations. I do know cummins and DCEC sued a bunch of the knock off Chinese parts vendors in china. They went around at shows and inspected the distributors booths and notified them on the spot that they were going to sue. If I had an older junker that I didn't rely on daily for work id buy them without a second thought based on the reviews just to see if they worked like the reviewers said.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
You didn't post links or pictures so no clue what you are talking about....but...

They can sue them if they have a physical presence here in the states or a country that plays nice with us and possibly do some damage, otherwise they can sue all they want, but China can just ignore enforcing it and they usually don't enforce any US lawsuits. So it will just waste money with a 0% chance of getting anywhere.

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
FYI--

1) It has always been the simple truth that in the aftermarket parts game, you pretty much get what you pay for.

2) 37 positive reviews is statistically nothing. If I chose to be dishonest, I could find 40 friends (or also easily make 40 different fake social media identities) to review ANY product that I choose to sell.

3) Another more general consumer truth is that if it seems to good to be true, it is likely NOT true.

A more specific question for you would be--

4) Are you willing to risk likely extensive to a $10,000 motor in order to save $2000 ??

BEFORE you answer, you should do a site search for "injector problems after installing new injectors" and then try to determine just how many of these installs were remanufactured injectors sold as new for much lower cost...which brings you right around to my first point.

Just saying.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The lawsuit question was rhetorical implying a point so let’s forget it was mentioned. The question remains if anyone has any knowledge or experience with $100 injectors or with DCEC parts.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I don't know about you folks, but from now on I'm going to do my very best not to buy anything at all from the damn chicoms.
I've always tried to buy American, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna support the red Chinese after they screwed the world over with this flu.

Reactions: Barefootdog

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
To the OP;

I think you're gonna end up at a dead end with this thread. Those of us that purchase these trucks usually don't try to cut corners on parts. Sure we don't always use OEM, and in some cases prefer not to because there are plenty of reputable aftermarket vendors that are equivalent, but this is one area you should NOT cut corners.

If the engine is the heart of your truck, the fuel you put through it is the blood. If I need to go further with this analogy, then a Cummins may not be right for you.

This is absolutely the area you want either OEM or a PROVEN injector vendor. There is absolutely a load of information on this subject. I have not yet needed to go down this path but I am fully aware of my options when it's time and plan on going with BBI. Maybe other companies can come around and provide the quality they have set a standard with, maybe not. As well, I'm not associated in any way with them, but I have done my research regarding this type of thing.
@seafish is absolutely correct in the post. This is easily a 10k engine if not more. WHY on earth would you gamble on this?

Save 2k, you get a warm fuzzy feeling for a handful of miles, until an injector fails, you neglect it, and you melt some pistons. Now you are in for a new engine or a complete rebuild.

I understand the want to save money and that this thread is for those that may have experience with what you are looking for, but I highly doubt that you are going to find anyone that has dared to run these things. If they are, they don't know much about the fuel systems on these trucks and the huge role they play in the health of of the engine.

Are we trying to sway your decision? Sure. But in the end you gotta do what you gotta do. But if you decide to try these things, it's on you. As well, if you do, post up in a year after you get em and let everyone know how they work. If they are still doing good, you lucked out. If not, own up.

There are lots of Chinese parts that say Cummins on the box. Look at all the crank seals out there. $14 "OEM" seals. It happens a lot. Patents and what not do not apply and they can usually get away with changing the logo ever so slightly that the common eye cannot catch. I've seen it a ton in the MTB industry.

The warning has been set forth, proceed how you want. Maybe someone will chime in that's dared to run them as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone actually installed these? One seller has 37 positive reviews for the injectors. I just recently discovered dcec the company in china that cummins owns 50% of and supposedly they make really good parts. I wonder if they are manufactured by them and relabeled Bosch. The boxes in the pics have Chinese writing on them but since my Chinese is super rough as in non-existent I have noooo idea what they say. I know what youre thinking, im thinking the same thing but how has no one from Bosch sued them for product and labeling copyright and patent violations. I do know cummins and DCEC sued a bunch of the knock off Chinese parts vendors in china. They went around at shows and inspected the distributors booths and notified them on the spot that they were going to sue. If I had an older junker that I didn't rely on daily for work id buy them without a second thought based on the reviews just to see if they worked like the reviewers said.
I have seen them to and if you look at Bosch is made in China to. if I buy them I will let you know how good they are and if they crap out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts