191 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
DAP-VP7X13VCO275

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm going with the 275hp instead of the 225hp injectors because I might decide to do compounds down the road

·
Registered
225 Posts
If your going to run compounds down the road, your going to want the springs and push rods. And probly a new transmission if you dont know for sure what is done to it. Also, going a good route with the bigger on the 2 injector sizes paired w the quad.

Since your truck doesnt seem like your dd, I'd buy the parts and worry bout the trans when it craps out 😉

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
If your going to run compounds down the road, your going to want the springs and push rods. And probly a new transmission if you dont know for sure what is done to it. Also, going a good route with the bigger on the 2 injector sizes paired w the quad.

Since your truck doesnt seem like your dd, I'd buy the parts and worry bout the trans when it craps out 😉
I drive this truck every opportunity I get during the late spring to late fall. Will never see another winter only maybe a glimpse when I open the storage doors walking in or out lol.

I'm working my tail off to afford all these parts on my list and maybe a overhaul kit. My goal is to have this all done this winter and ready by spring 2020. It's tough tho, I am self employed, i own a landscape business with me as the only employee and finding work is hard. On top of supporting my fiance and two german shepherds.

As for the transmission.... one way to find out what kind of power it will hold lol. We will see! I'm going to tune the power down and slowly raise it to see. Hopefully I can find out its limits without causing too much stress or damage...

·
Registered
225 Posts
An overhaul kit as in engine? You wont need, unless you have excessive blowby. With routine oil changes these engines will be fine for several hundred thousand miles.

But the thing you have going for you is that all these parts are bolt on. Crap in a weekend you can have all the parts installed and testing and tuning sunday afternoon. But yes, all those parts surely will drain the ol bank account.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I dont have any blow by. My main reason why I want to throw a overhaul kit in is because I have several oil leaks and would like to replace all the seals and gaskets. Figured for the price it's going to cost me in seals and gaskets I might as well do overhaul kit. Am I mislead?

Truck has 213600 miles

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
When I hear overhaul I think rings, bearings, and such. Gaskets, sure... That's a good plan.
The overhaul kit I'm talking about is rings, bearings, pistons gaskets ect.

I am under the impression that it would be a better buy and idea to just throw a overhaul kit in, rather than just all new gaskets... or am I wrong?

Would it be a lot cheaper to just buy all gaskets separately?

Plus if I'm going to do all the gaskets shouldnt i just replace pistons and bearings ect.?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
So I finally bite the bullet and ordered a bunch of parts .

Decided not to do the overhaul kit after getting more advice and I'm only going to replace the seals/gaskets that are leaking.

I do still plan on pulling the engine out to do paint and upgrades. These are the parts I ordered... what yall think?

DAP 7x0.013 Vco 275hp injectors
Crazy Carl's twin kit, sxe 62/68/12, s475
Arp 427-4202 studs
DAP #110 springs
DAP extreme duty pushrods
Fass 165g
DPS manifold, stud kit

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
That oughta make something happen. Is your transmission ready for the hit?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Going to find out! Lol

Previous owner said he did some trans upgrades just dont know what. I know it has upgraded valve body, and triple disc converter at least.

I'm going to be tuning the injectors down and slowly raising to see what the trans does. Hopefully its built...

41 - 52 of 52 Posts