Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster, long timer browser. Great forum.

I wrecked my 2006 2500 QC 4x4 Big Horn last week. I hit a chevrolet 1/2 ton from behind doing around 45 mph. Thankfully no one was hurt. His truck is history, mine has the following "sceen" damage.

1) Bumper, valence, fog lights and tow hooks. All pushed in about 3 inches

2) Grill broke and hood is buckled maybe 2 inches up.

2) One headlight busted

3) Serpantine belt broken, radiator busted, and brakes are barely there

4) Both airbags are deployed

My turck still starts and drives with no obvious issues other than the brakes. Frame appears straight, the front and rear wheels line up and the bed gaps on both side are consistant.

All in all, I would say my truck came out very well. The hood has yet to be cut open, we are waiting for the insurance adjuster to do a complete assesment.

I have the following question to you all.

1) What kind of damage should I look for with an impact like this besides the obvious cosmetic damage? i.e. motor mounts, 4x4 drive line damage. 45 to zero instantly can jar a lot of things around.

2) I am thinking of using this as an opprotunity to customize my truck. I am wondering what the ST argent/black grill and bumper will look like on my mineral gray truck. Does anyone have a picture? I have searched the web and come up with nothing. Any other ideas that can be done to the front end since it will all be new? i.e. bumpers, fog lights, head lights.

3) Does the 06 have the plastic intercooler? If so, I have read that mopar does not even make a replacement that is plastic so I am forced to go back metal. I am also considering doing an aftermarket intercooler if it is busted.

The adjuster will be here tomorrow (6/09) and I am hoping all goes will with him and the repairs thereafter. I should have it back within 2 weeks once repairs begin.

This truck is my baby. 28k miles and pampered. All stock with the exception of 295 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Auto, 3.73, Big Horn, Quad Cab, Short Bed, and 2 stroke in every tank. Please give me some advice to get it fixed right.

·
Registered
228 Posts
the grill looks cheap to me go body color
the plastic intercooler is junk anyway you want alum.
just my .02
as far as damage idk the frame is the biggest thing i would look at
wes

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
First time poster, long timer browser. Great forum.

I wrecked my 2006 2500 QC 4x4 Big Horn last week. I hit a chevrolet 1/2 ton from behind doing around 45 mph. Thankfully no one was hurt. His truck is history, mine has the following "sceen" damage.

1) Bumper, valence, fog lights and tow hooks. All pushed in about 3 inches

2) Grill broke and hood is buckled maybe 2 inches up.

2) One headlight busted

3) Serpantine belt broken, radiator busted, and brakes are barely there

4) Both airbags are deployed

My turck still starts and drives with no obvious issues other than the brakes. Frame appears straight, the front and rear wheels line up and the bed gaps on both side are consistant.

All in all, I would say my truck came out very well. The hood has yet to be cut open, we are waiting for the insurance adjuster to do a complete assesment.

I have the following question to you all.

1) What kind of damage should I look for with an impact like this besides the obvious cosmetic damage? i.e. motor mounts, 4x4 drive line damage. 45 to zero instantly can jar a lot of things around.

2) I am thinking of using this as an opprotunity to customize my truck. I am wondering what the ST argent/black grill and bumper will look like on my mineral gray truck. Does anyone have a picture? I have searched the web and come up with nothing. Any other ideas that can be done to the front end since it will all be new? i.e. bumpers, fog lights, head lights.

3) Does the 06 have the plastic intercooler? If so, I have read that mopar does not even make a replacement that is plastic so I am forced to go back metal. I am also considering doing an aftermarket intercooler if it is busted.

The adjuster will be here tomorrow (6/09) and I am hoping all goes will with him and the repairs thereafter. I should have it back within 2 weeks once repairs begin.

This truck is my baby. 28k miles and pampered. All stock with the exception of 295 Nitto Terra Grapplers. Auto, 3.73, Big Horn, Quad Cab, Short Bed, and 2 stroke in every tank. Please give me some advice to get it fixed right.
From what i have heard most insurance compaines will total a vehicle when the airbags deploy :thud: i could def be wrong tho..... just from what others have told me.. never experienced it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts