Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dealer for the first time yesterday to get the current update flashes for my truck. Took two hours to do them all.....it was something like eight in total. Anyway, after the flashes were completed and I received my truck I got in and started it and a message popped up... " fuel system service...see dealer" So I shut it down and walked back to the service desk. They immediately got the tech back out and he started the truck..... now there are two messages. Service fuel system and service ABS system... So now I'm getting a little agrivated.... They pull my truck back in and start immediately telling me..." Your fuel filters need changed. I said, " I just changed both yesterday and reset the filter usage gauge". Then they tell me....Well, you must of not used Mopar filters. Now I'm getting angry. I told the guy, " Go crawl your a** up under the truck and tell me what that filter says on it.... I just found it absurd that they'd blame this on me.... They get all the messages cleared after three different guys all had to come over and mess around with it....but,they got them cleared. Now for some good news. It's like a different truck!! Brake pedal feels great now....seems less pressure is needed to stop. The Aisin flash was awesome! ! This truck shifts absolutely beautiful now,especially in 4,5,6 gears....also the downshift into first is less dramatic. The engine.... Holy new found torque. .. This truck GOES now!!! 40-70 pulls very hard!!!! Plus I don't have to give as much pedal down to get it moving. The engine and transmission worked great before....but now. .., this truck is fun to drive!!!! Dead pedal has been greatly reduced. .., as a matter of fact..., I really didn't even notice any!!! The engine and transmission are really in sync now. Can't wait to try it towing. Saturday I leave Florida for Virginia to start a new project so we'll see how the new improvements help while towing the fifth wheel. If you have '13 truck and haven't done any flashed... Get them!! They make a world of difference! ! Happy new year!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Glad to see your truck is running and acting better with the updates. I guess my new truck has all the updates as it acts the way yours does now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Had mine done yesterday. Need to run it a bit more, but appeared to shift smother and hold 6th at freeway speeds better. Brakes feel stronger, dont have to press them so far. At first the truck felt weaker at take off even though I have the BD throttle boster on, then thought about checking the hill assit setting. Sure enough, it was set to on from the update. For all complaining about dead pedal, make sure the HILL ASSIST is off...it does make a noticable difference to me.

·
Premium Member
1,459 Posts
Had mine done yesterday. Need to run it a bit more, but appeared to shift smother and hold 6th at freeway speeds better. Brakes feel stronger, dont have to press them so far. At first the truck felt weaker at take off even though I have the BD throttle boster on, then thought about checking the hill assit setting. Sure enough, it was set to on from the update. For all complaining about dead pedal, make sure the HILL ASSIST is off...it does make a noticable difference to me.
Thanks im going to try the hill assist

·
Registered
467 Posts
....Can't wait to try it towing. Saturday I leave Florida for Virginia to start a new project so we'll see how the new improvements help while towing the fifth wheel. If you have '13 truck and haven't done any flashed... Get them!! They make a world of difference! ! Happy new year!

Could you please try your EB while empty and without T/H? After updates mine is coasting more (not locking TC) and I have barely any EB at city speeds.

Before update: Within the city (35-50mph), while EB on ON (not auto) and engine rpm above 1k, if I happen to lift my feet off from accelerator, the EB activated and I could use range selector to shift down to utilize EB.

After update: with same conditions and if I happen to lift my feet off from accelerator, it unlocks the TC and coasts. Using range selector to shift down doesn't make difference as TC stays unlocked.

Only way to utilize the EB is to be on go pedal (to keep speed or accelerate) and same time shift down, which is pretty EFFED up and I would like to go slap the idiot Chrysler engineer who chose to write a transmission program that makes the EB pretty useless while driving empty.

Reactions: Trowel2013

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could you please try your EB while empty and without T/H? After updates mine is coasting more (not locking TC) and I have barely any EB at city speeds.

Before update: Within the city (35-50mph), while EB on ON (not auto) and engine rpm above 1k, if I happen to lift my feet off from accelerator, the EB activated and I could use range selector to shift down to utilize EB.

After update: with same conditions and if I happen to lift my feet off from accelerator, it unlocks the TC and coasts. Using range selector to shift down doesn't make difference as TC stays unlocked.

Only way to utilize the EB is to be on go pedal (to keep speed or accelerate) and same time shift down, which is pretty EFFED up and I would like to go slap the idiot Chrysler engineer who chose to write a transmission program that makes the EB pretty useless while driving empty.
Exhaust brake functions exactly the same as before. As soon as I let off the pedal it starts braking.... it'll cost a little bit between shifts but will eventually start braking again. I also change out my ATF in the Aisin and getting ready to do differentials too. I like doing my own maintenance.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My 2014 is the same way unless I engage tow/haul then it provides some decent EB most of the time. I've just learned to hit toy/haul and the EB as soon as I start the truck each time. Try tow/haul and see if that helps you any.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Service fuel system and service ABS system... QUOTE]

After I had the ABS flash done I drove home and the next time I started the truck it said to service the ABS system. I shut the truck off and started up again with the warning gone. It has never come back on since. Must have been a learning curve or something. Who knows.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I tested mine after the update and I didn't notice any difference. Runs to about 1100 rpm's then cuts off. I just manually shift to a lower gear to keep the rpm's above the 1100 range when using EB. I wasn't using T/H mode when I tested it.
I have the 68RFE with 3.42 gears also.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I tested mine after the update and I didn't notice any difference. Runs to about 1100 rpm's then cuts off. I just manually shift to a lower gear to keep the rpm's above the 1100 range when using EB. I wasn't using T/H mode when I tested it.
Try it without getting above 45 and not using TH.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Next time have rolling approach to traffic lights, ease slowly your accelerator so it coasts, remove the feet from accelerator pedal, then use range selector so shift gears down to increase engine rpm.

before update: EB came on once engine rpm was above 1k.

after update: EB doesn't come active as the TC is unlocked.

at least this is what happens on mine....

Reactions: Trowel2013

·
Registered
401 Posts
Just had updates done on the 2500, exhaust brake works just as it did before, none of the problems as some of you are saying. It definitely has a little less dead pedal, sill length there. Before are stronger.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Took mine in this morning for one of the recalls, asked them about any updates, and was told there were not any updates, flashes, TSB's or anything. Mine is a 2014. Kinda wondering what there is that they may not know of that you guys are talking about. Maybe I can hit them up with some numbers or whatever.

·
Registered
14,644 Posts
Took mine in this morning for one of the recalls, asked them about any updates, and was told there were not any updates, flashes, TSB's or anything. Mine is a 2014. Kinda wondering what there is that they may not know of that you guys are talking about. Maybe I can hit them up with some numbers or whatever.
If they put the VIN in the computer it will show any that are applicable to your truck.

Now, they may have brushed you off and just told you there weren't any.

Did they actually look or just immediately tell you no?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.