Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seriously consider this truck?

its an 09 with 1374 miles on it. dealer couldnt turn it after the dodge dealership closed. they want 32k for it. has been in the shop once for the emmissions recall, adn twice for an o2/ecm recall. it is a lonestar edition, fully loaded long wheel base.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I wouldn't pay that much, but sure. Could be a great find.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Sure, I'd consider it if I could afford it. Just look it over good and give it a test drive.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can afford it, i just wanted some extra opinion on if it would be worth it. truck invoiced for 44 or 45k

·
Registered
566 Posts
I guess the reason I said if i could afford it was that imo you can get some even better deals closer to the $25K range if you are willing to start with a higher mileage truck. But, if you want a lower mileage truck it sounds like it could be a great deal.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I think it would be a great buy. Change the oil right away tho cause you don't know how much idling its been doing. Pull the dipstick and see if its overful on oil. If it is you can assume the overful is diesel. Or better yet, make them do a full service on it as part of the purchase.

Reactions: cmh2007

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok. I had started my search with trucks around the 20-25k range (mostly hemi with 35-40k on the clock) and this one came up. it looked like a pretty darn good deal.

·
Registered
228 Posts
thats a very good deal atleast it would be considered very cheap around here...

Reactions: cmh2007

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it seems in texas the CTD's are stupid expensive even with 150000 miles on them

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
The question is will you do the deletes. If so then I would buy it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
In Texas most diesels still command high prices, and thats because people buy the crap out of them here. At my Ford dealership we have nearly twice as many F-250/350's as we do F-150s, and they move them like crazy.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
truthfully if i started having problems with it, i would do the deletes. but i would give it a chance first

·
Salty Squid
769 Posts
$32 is a little high I think.

If you could talk them down to $27 or $28 I think that would be more realistic. After all in 6 months it will be a 3 year old truck.

Reactions: C0BRA

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
build date is march 23 2009, and it has 1374 total miles on it

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Does the warrantee clock start today? Or are you buying it as a used truck that started the clock when the dealership went under?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Sorry...double post. I thought I was immune.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
started back last february

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
2wd, 4wd?
Crew cab?
2500 or 3500?

Some info is missing, but $32k for an essentially brand-new loaded '09 is a steal. Anyone that says it's high IS high. :D

Reactions: rheeder218

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
Also might be insightful to know where this truck is at? Does the area command a higher price on diesel trucks? Is it a regional specific package (block heaters, Texas Package, etc)? Any incentives or rebates? If warranty started last Feb, then its a year already against the warranty. Good deal IMO.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I can afford it, i just wanted some extra opinion on if it would be worth it. truck invoiced for 44 or 45k
i paid less than that for my 2011 :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts