Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

would longer control arms help

694 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  1 CTPAX
well I have Carli coils a thuren track bar and bilstien 5100's, I was wondering if getting the longer control arms that either thuren or carli, would make much of a difference?
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
138 Posts
I emailed Don Thuren about longer control arms and he said you dont really need them unless your running tires that are 37s or bigger. I will put some on mine with 35s but its not at the top of my list, I will worry about all my other suspension mods before I get to the control arms.

2,204 Posts
It was a great upgrade. I noticed the front of the truck articulate much better, and it smoothed out the ride some. The factory control arms end up having a lot of deflection in the stock bushings. They are worth every penny.

· Registered
749 Posts
Do the control arms if you have the funds. Get the ones with heim joints, much better articulation, no tire rub what so ever. Plus, I can't stand it when I see front wheels not centered in the wheel well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.