Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dad is wanting to get a diesel an he talked to a local car lot and they told him they had an 2002 on the way that was a local trade in. Its an extended cab 4x4 with 105,00 miles. That's all I know about it. What is the general worth of the truck?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine is the same as you described. Bought it in Oct. Mine had 138k and booked at 14850. Gave 14k for it with new 315's, rims and leveling kit.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
before buying do your due dilegence, and have the LP fuel pressure checked and have it scanned for codes (0216 is a dying/death code for the VP) or do the key on key off trick to pull the codes out.

at best what ever the asking price is at the dealer, try to knock them down at least 1000$ as thats the price of a new VP (if you instal it)

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought my truck at the same lot and I got them down around $1500, plus they gave me a great trade-in on my ranger.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh and another question, how do you know if its the High Output motor or not?

·
Registered
596 Posts
It will be a 6 speed manual to have the HO.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did all the 6 speeds have the HO in 02? Sorry guys I'm clueless on these 2nd gen trucks.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I believe they did, but not 100% certain.

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
yes as far as ive ever heard all the 01-02's with 6speeds were HO's, i have a 02, 6psd, HO, 4x4 bought it with 114,000 and a Diablo Power puck for $12k

-Jordan-

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wish I could of found yours. I always find better deals after I buy something.

·
Marble Crusher
1,857 Posts
well i got mine 2 years ago when diesel was up over $4 and everybody was getting rid of them lol

-Jordan-

1 - 12 of 12 Posts