Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This week has offically been the worst of my life. In this week,

ive lost my keys and got a second degree sunburn on the river,

rear ended someone (only messed up his tailgate but will probabily cost over $1000 because only thing body shops see with insurance is $$$),

Found out my credit card is over what I thought it was,

and now my truck quit running at 4 am.

To continue the last point, I was putting the hammer down on a long stretch of our country road, had my edge (pump untapped) at lvl 5 when my engine cut off. I mean dead, my steering got hard, my brakes got hard and i lost all power...i coasted to a stop. I had to call my pop at 4 am to come and pull me back to the house (thank god i was only a mile away). Now it only cranks. He thought it might be out of diesel even though it reads 1/4, but I added 5 gallons, can hear my fass cycling it and bled the lines before the injector but still dead.

Does anyone have any ideas? The claims man is coming monday to look at my damaged grill guard (i have full coverage) for the accident mentioned earlier....could I possibly attribute this to that even though I basically idled into the rear of the other guy?

would be nice if i only had to pay the $500 deductable to fix this, specially after having a 1000 deductable for liability and a total of over 15oo i have to come up with for this fmonth.

thanks, J

·
Registered
993 Posts
That sucks. Nothing like a string of bad luck. Hopefully things will get better for you:thumbsup:beer

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
are you getting fuel at the injectors? Sounds like either a control wiriing problem, and perhaps a VP44. You'll need a code reader, it could be a failed crank or cam position sensor.

Try to pull the codes, it could be somethign simple.

Ops

·
Banned
2,615 Posts
unplug your edge and make sure all plugs are clean and then plug them back in..

·
Registered
473 Posts
I bet it'sour Edge too! Take it out and try without.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts