Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up ya'll, hope everyone is doin good. My job has me working in Crockett,Texas this week and this project will probably last a while. Anyway its boring as hell over here, there's like a population of 12. I was just wondering if any of ya'll were close to this location.Everything must be bigger in Texas, including the trucks. I saw many nice diesels on the way up.

P.S.- I have noticed something in Texas as this is not my first time being here and I am very curious: why do so many trucks have brush guards here?

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,566 Posts
brushguards to protect the truck from those white tail deer.
huge population of em here.

your about 150 miles from me, maybe 2 hrs. if you get away for the weekend, drive on down to round rock for the day and ill show you around austin

:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Yeah we call them rice gaurds around here!

The whitetails out here are bad I dont have one my self dont want the wieght but it makes for a slow drive to the deer camp though.

·
Registered
374 Posts
They aint for the brush.:lol3: I used my saturday night. Hit a cow doing about 45mph. It did its job. Bent it alittle bit along with the bumper mounts. No body damage. Can't open the hood though. Stop and looked for the cow but she was gone no sign of her. Gonna talk to the insurance company. Maybe I can get an even bigger one. :hyper::thumbsup

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
who ? me? young guy, but no long hair, and I dont operate heavy equipment though it looks fun

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am in trinity/huntsville often we own a ranch up their probably going up mid next week for a few days since I start back on nights tommorow wont be off until monday.

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
Oh ok. There is a guy on the Bending crew running a Sideboom that looks like yours. Maybe not as high. Im on one of the clean-up crews, and we did the clearing. What crew you on?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts