Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. im trying to figure out whats wrong with my transmission. when im driving down the road and it hits 4th gear at 55 mph bout 2k rpm. then goes directly into 5th. i hit the gas to go a lil faster automatically kick down into third. OD wont stay. any suggestions?

·
Cummins Nut
1,531 Posts

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Your auto is a 4 speed as mentioned.
Automatics in general have alot of different ways that they can have issues so, have fun with that.
Your issue may be caused by a TV cable out of adjustment. Possible TPS issues. Do some research on the beginners thread and tech articles and you'll get a better grasp on how things work.

·
Registered
11,470 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a automatic with about 300k on it and one thing I have found is that you have to change the transmittion filter regularly. The clutch on the torque converter is very sensitive to low fluid pressure, and will slip in and out if the filter is dirty, blocking flow. So, change it at prescribe intervals and adjust the bands while your down there.

·
Registered
97 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
I think adjusting the TV cable may be the answer to my shifting problems. When adjusting, does a little go along way? Should I adjust .25 at a time?
Anyone have an answer to this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.