Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as the title says, truck is a 97 auto, trans is a PATC mega viper with low miles, don't know much about it cause it was installed by the P.O.
whats happening is under hard acceleration it seems to shift through 1-2-3 really quick but holds 3rd as long as i keep my foot in it (above half throttle) until about 50 mph then the engine starts defueling at 2600 and it crawls up to 60ph, the only way it will shift into OD is if i lift off the throttle and then itll shift, get back on it and it stays in OD fine and takes off again TC locks up ok,
everything shifts ok under light accel. but it seems to hold 3rd longer than it should

any thoughts:confused013: maybe TPS, the trottle valve cable is adjusted properly too.

· Registered
667 Posts
haha i wish mine had o/d haha rebiuld the tranny and no o/d. had to replace all other electrical components so far only one left is o/d.

· Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies, i checked the voltages on the tps and everything was good, smooth tansition, i found out though that if i just stay in it it will eventually shift to od at a little over 60 but it crawls up to 60 cause of the governor, so maybe some governor springs and a lockup switch are in order

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.