Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BlackedoUT VP
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys this has me confused. everyting was working great then after a ten mile drive down the interstate i pull off the off ramp and push in the clutch truck died hit the key it fired right up but i have to give it throttle now i have to keep my foot on the throttle just to keep my truck running. mods are in my sig but why would it all of a sudden not idle TIA.

·
BlackedoUT VP
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i checked the shut of solenoid and it is opening up all the way, could it be i need to tighten my governing springs back up and adjust my idle?

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
You did not say if you had made any recent changes or which of the trucks in your signature line you are writing about (I am assuming the Dodge).

Perhaps this is too obvious but if it idles OK with a little pressure on the foot feed and otherwise runs OK it could be that you just need to adjust the idle.

·
BlackedoUT VP
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is my dodge it runs great otherwise but my throttle is so touchy that it is hard to maintain an idle with your foot on the peddle, i just cant figure out why in a quick jaunt down the interstate my idle would all of a sudden be gone.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Check you idle screw thats what happened to mine

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine did the same with the idle, it was a broken governor spring, cost me a new pump.

·
BlackedoUT VP
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ok guys i went in and tightened my governing springs slightly since i did alot of mods at once my throttle was way to touchy so i had backed them off. but i did tighten them up slightly adjusted my idle screw and all is well for now but have only put 2 or 3 miles on it thanks for the replies and all the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts