Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i give a small amount of throttle to move my trailer or go over a bump, it seems as though the engine wont idle back down quickly. it seems to actually want to pull even when i am off the throttle.
anything i can do to solve this?

i am all stock except the muffler and cat fell off.

·
Banned
516 Posts
i think you would have to get a new cam.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I think it stays reved is because of the Fuel Pressure to keep that in line.

My 05 does the same thing. Rev it and let go and it takes a second or 2 to idle back down. I hate it when driving in close traffic and I need to quickly pull out to change lanes or whatever. Give it the throttle, I move pretty quick but then catch traffic fast and upon letting up, still catch them until I hit the brake or it idles down.

Nature of the beast.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i had the same problem on my buddy's 05. he has a tst chip on his though. it was doing the same thing, give it a little pedal and it would lurch, then idle back down in 2-3 seconds. tst had me unplug the chip from the rail pressure sensor and plug the stock connector back in. it seemed to help. maybe you have a bad rail pressure sensor. not sure though since you said you're runnin stock. don't know how to narrow it down either, but maybe someone else has had this problem and can lend some helping words.:thumbsup

·
Registered
240 Posts
Its normal. My '07 does it. It takes a second for the fuel pressure in the line to go down.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, thanks for the input. i just wanted to make sure it was supposed to do it. my 6.7 was real bad about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts