Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having problems with the brake light fuse blowing so I'm checking to find a short in the system. I used a digital meter to check continuity to ground on the circuits to the tow hitch trailer socket. The left and right turn signal circuits and the back up light circuit all showed continuity to ground which, to me, seems wrong.

Can someone enlighten me please, should these circuits go to ground with no power to them? Also, is there a circuit that is common to all three which may have the short in it?

G

·
The brake light and the turn signal will all have the same grounds. The feeds to the bulbs will all lead back to the turn signal switch. Just because you are reading the ground at the trailer socket doesn't mean the problem is in the trailer circuit.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
The brake light and the turn signal will all have the same grounds. The feeds to the bulbs will all lead back to the turn signal switch. Just because you are reading the ground at the trailer socket doesn't mean the problem is in the trailer circuit.
Correct... You just seeing the grounds on the other side of the light bulbs... Remember the light bulbs are a direct short to ground.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts