Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I am in no way a wiring guy and have no idea if this is possible so I hope someone can help me out. I want to wire my LED light bar into my brights but with a toggle switch in between. So basically if i have the toggle switch on and hit the brights, the light bar will come on. If I have the switch off and flick the brights the bar wont come on but brights still will. If thats not possible how would I wire the light bar to the brights without the toggle. I tired wiring some halo projectors in and that when I found out the hot wire is always hot and when you flip the switch it adds a ground, Would you just wire the hot wire on the light bar to the brights then ground to ground? Sorry if this sounds confusing i just got this idea into my head and trying to figure out how to do it

·
Registered
214 Posts
If it were me i would use a relay. Tap into the bright wire and make that they trigger wire on the relay. Install the toggle switch on the ground of the relay. So relay----toggle----ground. This way you need two things to be right to make the light bar work. The brights need to be on and the switch needs to be flipped to ground the relay to turn the light bar on.

Reactions: cumminsdog
1 - 3 of 3 Posts