Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my new Vp on for about 700 miles now do you guys think its ok to go ahead and tap the wire. Thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
I don't think tapping it now is gonna make any more difference than if you had done it before installing it. It just comes down to gambling with the warranty. No, it's not very likely the wire tap will kill the pump but if the electronics, etc. break during the remaining warranty period you're SOL.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Tap it, you'll be fine. Have some fun, thats why you bought the truck isn't it.

·
Registered
435 Posts
:agree2:
I always tap the pum while it's on the bench, much easier to get a good connection:thumbsup

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
Look into a posi lock connector, they are much easier to install and hard to tell the hole in the wire.

·
Registered
435 Posts
I've had bad luck w/ posi and scotchlock connectors in the past, I solder and heat shrink mine. I'm kinda anal when it comes to electrical connections

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've had bad luck w/ posi and scotchlock connectors in the past, I solder and heat shrink mine. I'm kinda anal when it comes to electrical connections

That's what I did with my pickup. Even though I had a stealth cover in my hand, but no bit for the "security" Torx bolts. Its an odd size apparently. Oh well, my warranty has been gone for a long time anyhow.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Look into a posi lock connector, they are much easier to install and hard to tell the hole in the wire.
Or do it right and use a stealth plate...:w:

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
Mine got tapped after i replaced mine, thats was 22,000 miles and i got 109,000 on it now

1 - 10 of 10 Posts