Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what should i set my multimeter to and what reading should i get, to make sure i have a good connection. and should i have someone work the ignition.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
i just used a test light:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
set it on the highest ohm reading just to be safe. :thumbsup

·
Registered
228 Posts
You want to set to Ohms. I wouldn't recommend a test light if you are testing anything that might beconnected to ECU or such.

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
it tells you to use a test light when buy the bd plate

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
it tells you to use a test light when buy the bd plate
they sure do:thumbsup buut it's not the safest thing to use because it's not that sensitive to resistance. an ohmmeter is way more sensitive and can pick up resistance where a test light cant even begin to pick it up.....oh well this is coming from me who instead of buying the proper length bolts for my turbo, just put a couple oversized nuts on as spacers. but ya use the ohmmeter:thumbsup

·
Banned
1,375 Posts
instead of buying the proper length bolts for my turbo, just put a couple oversized nuts on as spacers.
:rof:rof:rof:rof:rof:rof

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
set it on the highest ohm reading just to be safe. :thumbsup
Do your self a favor and buy a good meter with autorange ,so you don't have to worry and screw it up like you could do with a test lamp.:CRY::CRY::CRY:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they sure do:thumbsup buut it's not the safest thing to use because it's not that sensitive to resistance. an ohmmeter is way more sensitive and can pick up resistance where a test light cant even begin to pick it up.....oh well this is coming from me who instead of buying the proper length bolts for my turbo, just put a couple oversized nuts on as spacers. but ya use the ohmmeter:thumbsup

yea i hard that the light can put a load on it and can hurt the ecm so i was planning on using a volt meter.

any one know what kind of reading i should be look to be near?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts