Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is a dumb question but with the 4th gens are there any known wire harnesses or long runs of wire that are known to rub through and cause issues? I have already had one issue with wires rubbing through and now I suspect I have another one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Care to let us know where?

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
Maybe he's not sure.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly I don’t remember exactly but i think it was right above the transfer case or where the 4x4 drive shaft is.

I spent a while looking for wires that looked suspect but I couldn’t really find anything.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Honestly I don’t remember exactly but i think it was right above the transfer case or where the 4x4 drive shaft is.

I spent a while looking for wires that looked suspect but I couldn’t really find anything.
You're killing me. You had an issue with wires rubbing through but you don't know where it was and you spent a while looking but didn't find anything? Was it a repair shop or the dealer service shop that told you it found and fixed wires rubbing through? Maybe they wrote something on the repair order?

·
Trying to learn
'03 QCLB 2500 305/555 NV5600 3.73 4x4
6,711 Posts
Some more info:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're killing me. You had an issue with wires rubbing through but you don't know where it was and you spent a while looking but didn't find anything? Was it a repair shop or the dealer service shop that told you it found and fixed wires rubbing through? Maybe they wrote something on the repair order?
2 yrs ago A shop found it and repaired it. It was a friend of a friend that had a tire shop , not even a real repair shop.

Symptoms 2 yrs ago was ABS sensors and something involving the emissions can’t remember the code( couldn’t pass smog)

Symptoms now is code P0299 turbo underboost that was coming on intermittently but now just says on
Electronic throttle control light has come on 2 twice this week.

Forums/YouTube say to check MAP sensor,
Sensor was pretty sooted up so I kinda cleaned truck ran 7 days with out code so New MAP sensor will be here Tuesday

I have installed a new turbo actuator from Genos

·
Registered
6,428 Posts
2 yrs ago A shop found it and repaired it. It was a friend of a friend that had a tire shop , not even a real repair shop.

Symptoms 2 yrs ago was ABS sensors and something involving the emissions can’t remember the code( couldn’t pass smog)

Symptoms now is code P0299 turbo underboost that was coming on intermittently but now just says on
Electronic throttle control light has come on 2 twice this week.

Forums/YouTube say to check MAP sensor,
Sensor was pretty sooted up so I kinda cleaned truck ran 7 days with out code so New MAP sensor will be here Tuesday

I have installed a new turbo actuator from Genos

Install it, you might get lucky, but I doubt it, since you already bought it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts