Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

wire harness install

354 5
im finishing up this engeine after rebuilding it. tore into it a year ago and cant remember where two or three things go.

one is this wire. it is hooked up to the end of the harness. and after installing it im hoping that i can then drain the fuel from the tank. Fuel is not currently pumping when i crank the engine.

two is this hose. i have no hose so i dont know where it went or even remember taking it off. there is nothing onliine about it.

three are these wires which just seem to be ground wires.
Watch Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive fuel system
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Engineering Gas
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
8,770 Posts
Where is lift fuel pump? if retrofit should be relay somewhere and that looks like feed to ds battery
the hose is used to allow VC to breath goes down side of block to atmosphere
Looks like engine block grounds, ECM and block itself.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where is lift fuel pump? if retrofit should be relay somewhere and that looks like feed to ds battery
the hose is used to allow VC to breath goes down side of block to atmosphere
Looks like engine block grounds, ECM and block itself.
not sure where that pump is. im assuming it goes to battery because i dont remember taking alot of things off like that. Im assuming the positive side of the battery as well. i want to try to put it somwhere but i dont want to break anything either.

· Premium Member
8,770 Posts
03 pump from factory would be on fuel filter canister, if not there then probably retrofited in to fuel tank or external aftermarket under truck , follow the fuel lines.
Otherwise only way to be 100 % is find the other end , with continuity meter check wires on fuel tank wires.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
03 pump from factory would be on fuel filter canister, if not there then probably retrofited in to fuel tank or external aftermarket under truck , follow the fuel lines.
Otherwise only way to be 100 % is find the other end , with continuity meter check wires on fuel tank wires.
i think it sends power to the pcm which sends power to the pump. therefore should be connected to the positive battery cable. and pump is deffinatley gonna be in the fuel tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts