Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wipers quit working, this was a gradual, sometimes they'd work sometimes they wouldn't type of thing. Now the motor just whines. I tried helping them out by hand but nothing. I feel pretty dumb for asking esp since I only put about 5 min. into diagnostics. Anyone have a quick solution to this before I go ahead and buy a motor? Thanks fellas

·
Registered
192 Posts
Personally, Id just buy one. Theyre on ebay for $30. But I hate electrical diagnosis with a passion

Reactions: jerrylittle78

·
Registered
123 Posts
When I bought my '92 W250 the wiper didn't work. I found the bushing on the Wiper motor was broken. Try this turn the wipers on and look through the cowl vent and see if the wiper motor is turning.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll check on that in the morning. Thanks. Ever notice how these little problems always crop up when ur inspection sticker is about to expire lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'll check on that in the morning. Thanks. Ever notice how these little problems always crop up when ur inspection sticker is about to expire lol
Yea when I bought my truck the inspection was dead, The State Of PA gives you 10 days after you buy a vechile to get it re-inspected. My truck had a few little problems to pass that were cheap & easy fixes.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got a chance to look at it in the daylight and yep the bushing broke and both wiper arms fell off the motor. At least the motor is still good.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Got a chance to look at it in the daylight and yep the bushing broke and both wiper arms fell off the motor. At least the motor is still good.
I got mine for a local parts store Dorman part number 118301.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Appreciate it. If I don't Jerry rig something that # will come in handy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.