Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i wanna see how one of those wiper cowls for the bottom of the windshield would look on my truck. Anybody with pics of one on there 2nd gens, let me see what you got. Painted or not. Thanks:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i want to get on for my 3rd i like them
Yeah ive seen a couple on newer trucks but not really one for mine, so id like to see how they look on one like mine.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How does it attach to it? Im diggin the barb wire pinstripping on it as well:thumbsup: Thats another thing im thinking about, paint or not to paint, that is the question. Where did you get yours from?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
How does it attach to it? Im diggin the barb wire pinstripping on it as well:thumbsup: Thats another thing im thinking about, paint or not to paint, that is the question. Where did you get yours from?
Thanks. :thumbsup:

I really like the look of them. I got mine from a parts supplier here in Wisconsin, but I checked their site and can't find them anymore (I got mine about 9 years ago) so I googled it, check here.

They have a front edge with some foam that goes under the hood and snugs when it closes. On the sides it has a velcro strip with 3M adhesive that sticks to the windshield and the cowl.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anybodyelse have any pics?

·
Registered
557 Posts
looks good really does :drool2:, but what does it do beside looks?
i wouldnt mind having one jus to keep ice and snow off my wiper during the winter but im not gonna pay 150 for that
but hey. . .to each their own

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
looks good really does :drool2:, but what does it do beside looks?
i wouldnt mind having one jus to keep ice and snow off my wiper during the winter but im not gonna pay 150 for that
but hey. . .to each their own
Thanks. :thumbsup:

It's purpose - absolutely nothing except cover your wipers, and set your truck a little bit different than the rest.

My grandpa thought it was a bug shield, he said neat, I never saw one there before. :hehe:

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im lookin to close up some of the windshield, I had even planned on putting a visor off a peterbilt that i had lying around but the contour of the windshield is to round. If i could of got it to work though it wouldve been pretty neat.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
im lookin to close up some of the windshield, I had even planned on putting a visor off a peterbilt that i had lying around but the contour of the windshield is to round. If i could of got it to work though it wouldve been pretty neat.
Same here, I've been working with some cardboard to try to shape a drop visor, but the curves on these trucks are killing me.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Same here, I've been working with some cardboard to try to shape a drop visor, but the curves on these trucks are killing me.
:agree2:You could say that again, i was tryin to find a big truck with similar curves in a junkyard that might have one on it and start from there but hadnt had time lately. Let me know if you come up with anything. BTW, how far does the cowl come up the windshield and how much space between the windshield and top of the cowl?

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
:agree2:You could say that again, i was tryin to find a big truck with similar curves in a junkyard that might have one on it and start from there but hadnt had time lately. Let me know if you come up with anything. BTW, how far does the cowl come up the windshield and how much space between the windshield and top of the cowl?
I can get more accurate measurements this week when I'm home, but it probably comes up about 5-6", and space in between the windshield and cowl is probably about 3".

I'll let you know when I come up with something for a drop visor. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I can get more accurate measurements this week when I'm home, but it probably comes up about 5-6", and space in between the windshield and cowl is probably about 3".

I'll let you know when I come up with something for a drop visor. :thumbsup:
Sounds good, and same here on the visor

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Hey smokin, I had a chance to get some better measurements this morning. If you measure down the angle the cowl sits at it comes up 6", and it you measure out, perpendicular to the windshield, it is 3" out from it. A better understanding of how high it comes up, stand in front of your truck and look at how high the dash is (on the highest side in front of the driver), it comes up about even to cover that.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey smokin, I had a chance to get some better measurements this morning. If you measure down the angle the cowl sits at it comes up 6", and it you measure out, perpendicular to the windshield, it is 3" out from it. A better understanding of how high it comes up, stand in front of your truck and look at how high the dash is (on the highest side in front of the driver), it comes up about even to cover that.
Thanks man, i appreciate it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
not my truck but some pics i saw on FB, i think i'm gonna order one for my truck & leave it the smoked/black color

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks twistedapache, i like the way it looks i think im gonna leave it the tinted black look instead of painting it but i might change my mine:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I really like the way that looks on the black truck.. it cleans it up alot.!!

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think so to, thats why i think ill leave it black on mine, being my truck is silver, i think the tinted look will still be cool.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts