Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Winterplace GTG

2508 Views 44 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Hayseed
Who is in for a GTG at Winterplace?:confused013: Sometime in Feb. I plan to tube :party018:
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· West Virginia Chapter VP
844 Posts
We are in.

1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK guys this is coming up in 2 weeks! :party018:

Here is a link Winterplace Ski Resort looks like it will be $34 each to tube from 1pm to 10pm. In the past I have found the amount of people tubing starts to fall off in the early evening. I was thinking around 4ish to be at winterplace?:confused013: Maybe we could all meet for dinner somewhere in Beckley before hand? Ideas? Suggestions? Who all plans to go?

844 Posts
OK guys this is coming up in 2 weeks! :party018:

Here is a link Winterplace Ski Resort looks like it will be $34 each to tube from 1pm to 10pm. In the past I have found the amount of people tubing starts to fall off in the early evening. I was thinking around 4ish to be at winterplace?:confused013: Maybe we could all meet for dinner somewhere in Beckley before hand? Ideas? Suggestions? Who all plans to go?
Jeremy,

The wife and are in for this. We have never done this kind of thing so all we need to know is what type of clothes should be worn.

1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jeremy,

The wife and are in for this. We have never done this kind of thing so all we need to know is what type of clothes should be worn.
I generally wear my insulated work bibs with a hooded sweatshirt and some insulated boots. Really depends on temp how many layers I wear.

Jami will be all bundled up starting with under armour cold gear top & bottom, Jeans, hooded sweatshirt, and snowbibs (you can pickup the snowbibs pretty cheap at dicks or walmart) and insulated boots.

There is a lodge less than 100' from the tubing park with a fireplace that you can get warm by anytime you like:thumbsup: Good place to BS anytime you start feeling cold. I say just dress for cold weather and you'll be fine.

· Registered
103 Posts
ummm can I ski??? I hate the crowds @ winterplace though... Is anyone planning on staying the night anywhere? or is this going to be a drive up and back thing? Count me in and mabey a partner!!!

· Premium Member
3,822 Posts
dang guys I am going to the Deep Creek Dunk that weekend to have way to many refreshments and watch 1000 people jump into 32* water after they cut 18" of ice off the top off it. But enjoy guys :party018:

844 Posts

1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your house! :rof :rof :rof
If you only knew :rof:hehe::rof All I can say is you better not miss the next Bash if Danny holds another :party018:

· Registered
103 Posts
dang guys I am going to the Deep Creek Dunk that weekend to have way to many refreshments and watch 1000 people jump into 32* water after they cut 18" of ice off the top off it. But enjoy guys :party018:
That is Deep Creek, MD.. JMO there is a ski resort there called the wisp.. we used to race it... there is also a nice lake there called Deep Creek Lake. Its the second exit or soon 68 in MD I think depends which way you go into in..

· Registered
524 Posts
I really like the deep creek lake...the wife and I usually go there 2-3 times a summer and rent a boat...:thumbsup:

1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes Matt you can ski! Chad says he will ski also if he gets to make the trip:thumbsup:

1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I am not sure of Brians overnight plans, but I will be going up to Meadow Bridge to stay with my parents Fri and will probably return to there Sat night.

844 Posts
It will be a one day trip for us. Have to come home we have kids/dogs.

· Premium Member
3,822 Posts
Yep Deep Creek Lake MD its a good time they actually jump into Deep Creek Lake over at the hooney hooney bar for those familar, they cut about a football field size hole and remove all the ice then line up like 200 peoplae at a time and they dive in, run in, jump in what ever they desire is. Most wearing some crazy costumes swim across then come back. It nuts but the Maryland State Police sponsor it as a fund raiser for the special olympics each "dunker" pays $50 to freeze his jewels off and piss ice cubes for a week. Ill have to post some pics up it is NUTS

· On a new learning curve!
1,047 Posts
So are you guys still in for next Sat. 2-27.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.