Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So start the truck this morning. Get out scrape the nice layer of ice off the windows, get back in and hit the windshield wiper switch. Worked as normal or atleast didn't notice any difference. Turn them off no issues, they reset to park. Get going down the road and when i flip them back on they come on at med speed in all positions but high and now are not reseting to park.

So i've been looking all over the net this morning and i'm seeing everything from clean the multifunction switch (5$ + time) or replace the TiPM ($800-1000 + anger). All the threads i've come across give suggestions to fix but no definite answers. I'm not one to just start throwing parts at a problem so just curious if any one has exprienced this and was able to find a good solution to the problem.

I've pulled all the testing information from mitchell ondemand to check for shorts in the switch and the TiPM so i'll start there tonight. Any suggestions on how to rule out specific items would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
My truck had a recall for a wiper problem this summer. I never had a problem with the wipers. I think the dealer replaced the wiper motor.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Everything i've looked @ for the wiper recall states 2008/2009 models. I've not been able to find a build date range or vin range to double check that on mine though. The started working right that afternoon so i'm wondering if there is moisture somewhere in the system and it was frozen due to 0-3 degree temps. Causing a short.

I'll call the dealer on the wiper recall and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
I had a sunfire once upon a time and its wipers would park wherever they were when you shut them off. We had to replace the wiper motor to fix it. I'm guessing the position switch or whatever senses when the wipers were at park went bad. Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Here is the wiper motor pinout. You should be able to troubleshoot it from this with a multimeter I would check and make sure you are getting both of the drive signals and check to see if the park switch is turning on and off.

·
Registered
842 Posts
My wipers just started acting up...all sorts of weird things...did a search on here and read for a while....multi-function switch is probably the culprit...now have to decide if I'm going to use my extended warranty or not...$100 deductible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts