Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get my side and back windows tinted in my 89 w-150 and dont know how dark to get them i was thinking 30%. Can you guys post some pictures and the percentages of 1st gens with tinted windows. Thanks.

· Registered
412 Posts
I have 20% but im going to put another 20% over my 20% to get it darker, 20% ain't very dark in the daytime, its okay at night.

before I painted truck

after painting it black

· Registered
1,157 Posts
5% is cool for a while, but you'll get sick of it if you drive at night. I'd just do the legal percentage (35% around here) because having windows an officer can't see through is a legitimate reason for a ticket. Officers have been really cracking down on tinted windows here, so you might want to think about that.

· Registered
1,577 Posts
I don't like tinted windows. It makes it harder to see coyotes out in the fields.:ar15:w:

· I bleed Diesel
2,222 Posts
i have power windows and 5percent. i love it. at night when i am backing up a trailer i roll windows down. I love it because girls tend not to want to do anything when people can see inside truck. and i dont want someone getting sticky fingers when they see my $800 sound system, $600 chain saw. Or if they just want to look at me.

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Orangeracer, Not very smart to advertise you got a 5 bazzillion jigawatt system or your supersaw in there on an open forum either:thumbsup::confused013:

20% on my pile

Sears Puller, SS16 in the avatar? PM me if you want to talk Garden tractor pullin, I pull those too

· Premium Member
453 Posts
Orangeracer, Not very smart to advertise you got a 5 bazzillion jigawatt system or your supersaw in there on an open forum either:thumbsup::confused013:

20% on my pile

Sears Puller, SS16 in the avatar? PM me if you want to talk Garden tractor pullin, I pull those too
dont mean to hyjack but pultillbroke what are those wheels? there sick...

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Sick in a good way or bad way?

Yep 3rd gens

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The 3rd gen wheels do look good on the 1st gens. As for the tint I think im gonna go with 15 or 20% because Im 16 and dont need cops harassing me because its completely black. Plus I think the 15 or 20 will be plenty dark enough for my liking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.