Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all - I just picked up the 2018 in my sig a few weeks ago that will eventually replace my 2014. Since I'm not going to have the plow on this one I figure I've got an opportunity to mount a winch on the front. The Warn 16.5TI looks like the obvious choice but I'm undecided on how to mount it. Anyone seen any really cool options?

The truck is True Blue two-tone with a lot more chrome than I'm used to (bumpers, grille, mirrors, door handles, side steps) so I'm leaning towards not mounting a giant black bumper but I'm open to opinions and inspiration.

What have you all seen out there?

·
Registered
1,378 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Mercenary off roads bumper is what I'll eventually be going with

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I went with Backwoods bumpers for mine, a bit pricey but I definitely like the look and craftsmanship that went into the bumper. I now welcome the random POS's who can't drive to run into the bumpers.

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Get someone to powdercoat it in whatever color you want. I'm struggling with finding the right bumpers for my white Bighorn, but have found a couple of places that will either coat it white, or provides it bare metal so I can get it coated myself.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Aluminess Bumpers and Truck Defender Bumpers both make a polished aluminum winch bumper that looks amazing. But since I’m not made of money I went the cheap route and installed the Westin Max winch tray and bull bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aluminess Bumpers and Truck Defender Bumpers both make a polished aluminum winch bumper that looks amazing. But since I’m not made of money I went the cheap route and installed the Westin Max winch tray and bull bar.
Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like there's more good options than I thought.

I'm glad you posted the picture of the Westin Max on your truck. It looked a little strange on the web site but it looks real nice installed.

That Mercenary one is pretty sweet too...gotta do the rear to match it though...

·
Registered
19,143 Posts
Dozens of choices Bumper style or brush guard style. Shop around. Some bumpers are much heavier than others and tougher too. Consider all for your application.
Google all and Google images for good pics.

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Hey all - I just picked up the 2018 in my sig a few weeks ago that will eventually replace my 2014. Since I'm not going to have the plow on this one I figure I've got an opportunity to mount a winch on the front. The Warn 16.5TI looks like the obvious choice but I'm undecided on how to mount it. Anyone seen any really cool options?

The truck is True Blue two-tone with a lot more chrome than I'm used to (bumpers, grille, mirrors, door handles, side steps) so I'm leaning towards not mounting a giant black bumper but I'm open to opinions and inspiration.

What have you all seen out there?
Thanks for the replies guys. Looks like there's more good options than I thought.

I'm glad you posted the picture of the Westin Max on your truck. It looked a little strange on the web site but it looks real nice installed.

That Mercenary one is pretty sweet too...gotta do the rear to match it though...
Since you have a laramie in your sig, there's a good chance you have parking sensors. Keep that in mind while doing your shopping.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
With a winch that is powerful enough to lift your truck up a tree, be cautious with untested products.

If you're going with a solid bumper like ARB, AEV, Warn and many others, you've got engineering and testing behind the creation.

I opted for the AEV because it looks like it belongs, fits the 16.5Ti and is engineered by engineers, not just some guy with solidworks.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Since you have a laramie in your sig, there's a good chance you have parking sensors. Keep that in while doing your shopping.
:agree2: THIS!!! I learned the hard way by letting the guy take my order via email versus filling out the order form online since there were some intricacies for my order that the online form didn't have a spot for. I asked for both front and rear bumpers w/sensors, so I see where the loss in translation happened, frustrating but steps were taken to help rectify the issue.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Warn Trans4mer Gen II Stainless

Reactions: dixiejwo

·
Registered
19,143 Posts
Whether ordering or even buying off the lot you have to pay close attention to what items/options are already covered included in each standard equipment or option PACKAGES.
And also what items are available with certain other items or packages. Sometimes you can't just add certain things with having certain packages or other items. Sometimes the government screws you , like no 410 in 2500.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tell you what, the more pictures of that ARB I see mounted, the more I like it. As for the parking sensors, the faster I can lose those things the better. Half the time they don't work because they're iced over, the other half they're beeping about something stupid. Only thing worse are the ones in my wife's car where the seat vibrates when they go off.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Beep beep beep ... Was killed on day 1.
Beeeeep smash . works good .

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Cant seem to find many pics of the Warn Trans4mer Gen 2 or 3 anywhere.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts