Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a winch yet on their 19? If so what brand and weight rating? I want one for my 3500, possibly a synthetic rope instead of a cable. I was hoping to get a winch bumper as well but haven't pulled the trigger yet. It would be great to see the various setups you all have.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Has anyone installed a winch yet on their 19? If so what brand and weight rating? I want one for my 3500, possibly a synthetic rope instead of a cable. I was hoping to get a winch bumper as well but haven't pulled the trigger yet. It would be great to see the various setups you all have.
I looked at bumpers and winches and I cannot put a winch on my Longhorn without losing the sensor functionality. Bumpers are tough as well, since I have the adaptive cruise and surround camera with a front camera. There are a couple of companies that make a bumper that is supposed to work with my camera and sensors as long as I do not install a winch.

I have purchased a few winches lately for my work vehicles. The last one I bought was a Mile Marker SEC15 synthetic for $999. The one before that was a Warn 16.5ti for over twice the cost. I think they are both top notch, but the warn is made in the US and the MM is China. The military used MM on their HMMWV's so I am familiar with them and they are good quality.

My favorite bumpers are Hammerhead and Fab Fours, but Ranch Hand has one guaranteed to work with my camera and sensors, but their winch model says it will not work with my sensors. Good luck and if you find something that works with a winch I would be most interested.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I looked at bumpers and winches and I cannot put a winch on my Longhorn without losing the sensor functionality. Bumpers are tough as well, since I have the adaptive cruise and surround camera with a front camera. There are a couple of companies that make a bumper that is supposed to work with my camera and sensors as long as I do not install a winch.

I have purchased a few winches lately for my work vehicles. The last one I bought was a Mile Marker SEC15 synthetic for $999. The one before that was a Warn 16.5ti for over twice the cost. I think they are both top notch, but the warn is made in the US and the MM is China. The military used MM on their HMMWV's so I am familiar with them and they are good quality.

My favorite bumpers are Hammerhead and Fab Fours, but Ranch Hand has one guaranteed to work with my camera and sensors, but their winch model says it will not work with my sensors. Good luck and if you find something that works with a winch I would be most interested.
how about buckstop truckware/trailready bumpers? AEV will have one also, if it's not available already.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Expedition one has a bumper out now for the 2019's. I called and they did assure me it will work with diesels, and the website showed it is sensor/camera compatible. You can also install the stock corner/turning lights in the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
125 Posts
The camera is under the RAM badge in the grill, right? If so, a protruding bumper could impede the vision.

Besides the front park assist, are there any other sensors in the bumper? Where are the lane keep/adaptive cruise sensors?

·
Registered
792 Posts
The camera is under the RAM badge in the grill, right? If so, a protruding bumper could impede the vision.

Besides the front park assist, are there any other sensors in the bumper? Where are the lane keep/adaptive cruise sensors?
Adaptive cruise control sensor is in the box surrounding the rear view mirror.

·
Registered
238 Posts

Don't know about others, but on the Expedition One bumper, it looks like they cut a section out of the top center of the bumper to account for the viewing angle of the front camera. Their website shows it installed on a Power Wagon with the sensors and front camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone know if it's possible to install the power wagon winch on a 3500 HO?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts